Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm about to take my new 600RR for its 600 mile check-up, so I figured I'd make a post. Coming from a 2002 F4i, I'm going to be doing alot of comparing to my first joy.

-Visual Style-
Incredible. Was hesitant at first about the all silver, but I have a some of the 1000RR wing decals coming and I have some plans for her. The RR is a bit more of a pain while detailing (which I've already washed 3 times... I baby my belongings), and alot of the extra water finds ways to avoid my leaf blower and other drying attempts, so taking a towel to her after the little ride is must.

-Comfort-
I really don't understand how people say the F4i is more comfortable. After riding the RR, the seat on my 02 F4i and position was just awful. The RR seems 100x more comfortable than the F4i, hands down. Granted, the seat isn't spectacular by any means.

-Power-
The RRs ability to get up to speed is an awakening that I thought I had on the F4i. Apparently not. The lightness of the RR and the electronic steering damper make me wonder how I ever rode the F4i without a damper at 80+ MPH, it's sooooo smooth. I will say though that the throttle is alot more sensitive, and that at stock, I'm probably going to buy a PCIII next week just to smooth out the response, even before I put an exhaust and other things on. One reason why I don't believe the RR is a good beginner bike.

-Miscellaneous-
My first worry about the RR was the Dunlop Qualifiers that came stock. Now, the F4i came stock with Bridgestone Battlax something something garbage. The Qualifiers work extremely well for a stock tire off the showroom floor, but I can't wait to put some Pilot Powers on this baby once I wear out the Dunlops. I'm still breaking her in slowly, but I felt alot better on the F4i with the PP2CT that I had before I sold it. Again, I'm only at 600 miles and when I was at 600 miles on my F4i, I was alot more timid.

The turn signals on the Hondas, excluding the new 1000RRs, are just sorry. I'll change them soon enough, I just need to find a set that I like. Trying to find in stock Rizomas is damn near impossible.

Overall, I LOVED my F4i. It was a phenomenal bike that I can't say enough about. However, the 600RR is exactly what I needed: more spice. I adore my 600RR. I'm sure I'm leaving alot of features that I wanted to talk about out... but I can't remember them!:director:

Thanks for listening : )

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
good read...now, what year RR? I always thought the all silver looked nice

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
I'm guessing an 08 silver/black RR. To fully appreciate the new 600RR's you really need to take an 03-04 for a spin. The difference is quite amazing. Thanks for sharing.
I still maintain that for any street rider, an 03-06 is stll comparable to an 07-08.

It basically comes down to the rider....not the bike.

·
Registered
594 Posts
There is a substantial difference between the F4i and the new RR. I love how narrow and flickable it is. The new RR just feels so light!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I still maintain that for any street rider, an 03-06 is stll comparable to an 07-08.

+1 zillion!

·
1,088 Posts
Oh yeah definitely comparable, but they made it a more enjoyable everyday bike to ride (aka perfect for a street rider) its more comfy, great midrange..etc
Even that still comes down to the rider.

I can ride my 600rr all day, and my friend can barely do 2 hours on his 08. My midrange has the same curve as the 07-08 with relatively the same power....I destroy my friend with my bike on a roll on.

So like I said...you can make the best, most hi-tech bike in the world...it still comes down to the rider.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Even that still comes down to the rider.

I can ride my 600rr all day, and my friend can barely do 2 hours on his 08. My midrange has the same curve as the 07-08 with relatively the same power....I destroy my friend with my bike on a roll on.

So like I said...you can make the best, most hi-tech bike in the world...it still comes down to the rider.
after reading a bit bout you guys saying its all bout the ride which i do agree now
so now if rider is key. than those 600 shootouts are ......:tard:

·
Registered
783 Posts
I will say though that the throttle is alot more sensitive, and that at stock, I'm probably going to buy a PCIII next week just to smooth out the response, even before I put an exhaust and other things on.
The map that the pc3 will come loaded with is for the stock exhaust system and it does a good job of smoothening out the initial throttle on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
+1 on the turn signals my friend has a 89' XL350 and his stock signals are almost the same as mine. Oh well even if they looked better I would still change them. haha.

·
1,088 Posts
after reading a bit bout you guys saying its all bout the ride which i do agree now
so now if rider is key. than those 600 shootouts are ......:tard:
The shootouts are a whole nother ball game. The riders that ride the bikes in the shootouts are equally experienced, takes turns critiquing each bike, and compile the data after all that's done.

The shootouts give you a good idea of what the bike can do from an experienced rider....since all the riders are equally skilled, you get a good no-biased idea of which bike performs the best from a testing standpoint.

·
Registered
371 Posts

To a point.......a very good rider on a mediocre bike will be faster in the twisties than an average rider on the latest and greatest machine.

However....the 2007 and up CBR600 RR is a huge improvement over the 03-06. I am sure I could not take the 03-06 through the twisties as quickly and easily as i can the 07 and up.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
To a point.......a very good rider on a mediocre bike will be faster in the twisties than an average rider on the latest and greatest machine.

However....the 2007 and up CBR600 RR is a huge improvement over the 03-06. I am sure I could not take the 03-06 through the twisties as quickly and easily as i can the 07 and up.
its great that honda lowers the weight every year instead of others that gain weight lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
its great that honda lowers the weight every year instead of others that gain weight lol
Yes...lighter is better for a sportbike. For 2007 Honda made the 600 lighter, improved mass centralization, added the electronic steering damper, changed rake and trail, gave it better brakes, improved the engine with much better midrange power delivery, improved the ergonomics and made it a much better handling bike than the previous generation.

It was already a good bike to begin with, but they made it a class leading machine in 2007.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts