Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about a few hundred miles now and I'm confident in saying that I made one of the best desicions ever by picking up this bike.

I'm not following any specific break-in method. I am just riding it and loving it!

The gearbox is getting better. It is less stiff and there are less missed shifts. Also, it doesn't get caught in N as often. The D6's less than great gearbox is a well known issue.

I am getting used to the stock pegs. Not as bad as I first thought.

The tires are GREAT. To be honest, I don't know what to look for in a great/good/bad tire, but so far they are living up to their reputation. I have stock pirelli diablos.

The engine is doing very well. The FI is smooth.

Power. Let's talk about power. No, it's not as powerful as most 600s. The RR is more powerful. The revs are lacking a bit. The first string of power doesn't kick in until around 7k. The 2nd string comes in around 9-10k. That's when it really picks up. So for me it's great. I don't know how well it would stack up for others.

The brakes are so powerful. Wow. That's all I have to say. They just bite the rotors - HARD. I've never had a problem stopping. I don't think I ever will, either.

Handling. The bike is very quick. Turns very well. I seem to do pretty well on it.

I'm no pro, so I can't get into much depth about this bike or any bike for that matter. I don't know all the nuances of bike reviewing. All I know is that the d6 is a great bike and it's treating me very well thus far.

I hope to learn more about the bike as time comes and then I'll let you all know more about my d6.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Whats a D6? sorry if i am a dumb ass????

Tim

·
Registered
496 Posts
You remember hes the super model from a few days ago .YEA the one with the 16"double dong by his bike :bounce:

·
Registered
544 Posts
oh yeah!!! that :Supergay: guy!!!!!!

sorry not to flame, but why on earth why would you buy a Daytona 600? I would rather by an 01 gixxer 6, the technology is the same on them! I think Triumph really fucked up on that bike! its ugly heavy and slow!

enjoy

Tim

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah, I like the D6 a lot, if it were just a little smaller, more the size of the 600RR I'd like it a whole lot better...but it feels really bulky to me, and I like my bikes to be as small as they can be, makes me feel more in-control

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Funny to hear Honda guys who claim that the extra weight of the 600RR doesn't effect them and that you cannot feel it. But the momment they think one bike is heavier, they want to knock it.

Get over it people, he bought a bike! Congrats.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Aussie600RRPilot, I am not going to get into the dabate.

Can you tell me how the Daytona is distributed? Can anyone?

Just seems like everyone is looking to knock a bike they have never ridden or even seen.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Glad you like it. I have never ridden one although I sat on one when I was at the T dealer where I buy my parts (known the guy for years, he fixes them when I wreck em) and liked the feel. I love the yellow as well.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I always thought the D6 was a great looking bike. Great going dude...ride it and have a blast.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the seat height is really high

I am tripping on it

I think it has the tallest seat out of all the 600s

I can BARELY flat foot the bike - I am 5'9"

I guess the bike is for tall, lanky brits :shock:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts