Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Get Jiggy with it
6,213 Posts
dude I would sue everybody!!!!!! thats messed up.

I still cant understand why he had to lay your bike down to get a passenger out of a car??? I'm confused....did he park really close to the bike or something?

· Premium Member
13,503 Posts
Damn dude, what a fuggin jackass!!! He laid your bike down instead of backing up to let his passenger out?! I would have flipped!!!!

And then dropped on the other side...what a bad start to this bikes life. Sorry about your ordeal bro.

· Registered
5,145 Posts
that sucks man... i woulda been in jail after beating the crap out of the guy that laid her over.

· Registered
19 Posts
Thats an interesting dilemma. Were you parked in a legitimate parking space or in the blue lines next to a handicap parking spot? Because if you were parked correctly, The perp could possibly be up for quite a few charges. I say persue it with gumption. people need to start respecting motorcyclist.

· Registered
5,470 Posts
Disco said:
what a bad start to this bikes life. Sorry about your ordeal bro.
+1. no bike should have this happen with nigh 400 miles on the odometer.
hope everything works out for you and the ride...

violence doesn't solve anything, and neither does getting furious or pisssed off.
good job on keeping your cool.

good luck, guy.

G

·
.......................................wow. I'm stunned. The audacity. THE INCOMPETANCE!!! Yeah, lawsuit for sure. that's BS of the highest magnitude!

· Registered
504 Posts
Dude i feel ya! Some punk felt the urge to 'gently' lay my week and a half old 600RR by giving it a swift kick on its side.

· Registered
147 Posts
maybe if you're parked incorrectly It might just be lucky in one regard that the towing company dropped the bike. You might be compensated by them. Fully.
Sounds like a true nightmare. I wish you all the best of luck in resolving the situation.
Remember for next time when parking. I had my previous bike knocked over by a car, and they just drove off. A person on the street said they saw it fall over, but didn't know who it was. Some people are lame, some stupid, some slow... people who knock a bike over- absolute scum!

G

·
Sue? For what? Damage to your property? Isn't that what insurance is for? It sucks. Really it does, but just have them fix the bike back to mint condition.

· Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,661 Posts
i'd sue everyone and their moms...that's some bs!!!

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Wow, I am flabergasted. I think the planets were aligned on that one, I don't see how everything could have happened like it did otherwise.

· Registered
55 Posts
Not insurance when they do it on purpose

Nemesis said:
Sue? For what? Damage to your property? Isn't that what insurance is for? It sucks. Really it does, but just have them fix the bike back to mint condition.
The key here is someone eles *intentionally* damaged his property. In that case, you can hold that party responsible. Here's an extreme example: someone pours gas on and torches your Modena with 400 miles on it. You pay your insurance deductible, the insurance company buys you a new 200k car... and your insurance company promptly sues the torcher in civil court for 200k.

Since your bike is cheap, the insurance company won't sue. They'll just pay. However, YOU can still file suit in small claims court. (If you do get insurance involved, you could only win back your deductible, since insurance already paid for part of it)

You'll win, too. A reasonable person (the key term in legal matters) would have reversed out of the spot, let the passenger out, then parked again.

You probably would NOT win if you were parked in the zebra zone and he scratched or dented your bike when opening a door.

Bottom line is: you can never intentionally destroy property. I could park my car in the middle of an intersection and if some guy got pissed and took a bat to it, he'd be the one at fault.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.