Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm at a loss to my situaton. I was in an accident last summer, not a severe one, but my bike ended up upside down. I didn't hit hard, but I noticed some coolant that leaked out as I turned my bike over (from being upside down). It took a few hours to be able to start my bike, but once I did white/blueish smoke poured out. As I let it run over the days, the smoke stopped pouring out and only started coming out when gave some throttle. Now, several months later, I finished repairs and in idle, no smoke. When I drive it I get a trail of white smoke behind me.

No change in fluid levels, no quick overheating or overheating at all and no strange noises from the bike at all. I've read several similar posts but nothing helped for me. Is this bad news or should I keep running the bike to get this oil/colant out of this batch of fuel?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
open the airbox and see if theres oil floating around in there

its not uncommon from what i gather,.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I do that and there is, can I clean it out myself? Will i need new parts? Is that bad or can I fix it myself?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
If I do that and there is, can I clean it out myself? Will i need new parts? Is that bad or can I fix it myself?
should beable to clean it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts