Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, no duct tape allowed in this thread! :lol2:

I was filling up the other day and noticed that my right side wings under my fairing were peeling off. When the dealer called to tell me my recall parts were in I told him I wanted him to look at it. He asked how long I had the bike. I told him about three months. He replied with something to the fact that Honda didn't warranty this kind of problem past 45 days. 45 days! WTF do you mean 45 days! I didn't say that to him but that's what I was thinking. He said he was required to call Honda for approval. I don't give a damn who he has to call. I just want it fixed and would expect Honda to pay for it. I've never heard of a manufacturer refusing to warranty something as defective as this in less than a years time. And for the record, there has been nothing done or spilled on the fairing that would cause the wings to start peeling off.

Has anyone else had this problem with Honda or the wings?

Tim

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Haven't had the problem....although I do have to order a new decal for one of my wings cause a dumbshit dropped a piece of pipe on my bike and scratched it this week. But that is total BS I think. As far as I know your warranty covers everything but stuff like tires, battery, clutch, and brake pads. I would call honda yourself and bitch about it.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crvlvr said:
can you post a photo?
I think I have the camera in the truck. I'll check tomorrow and post one if I do.

chucksrr/mikesamillion, I've thought about it but there's two problems.

1) The tank is clearcoated. If I took them off it would have to be all black.
2) I still like the wings! ;-) The more I look at this color scheme the more I like it.

Tim

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine started to peel as well some time ago. It was peeling from the end of the wing sticker which folds behind the fairing. The edge would stick out like a flap. All I did was use a very, very small dab of modeling glue and it worked.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
havoc said:
Stop speeding!...you're peeling the stickers :mrgreen:
Come to think of it didn't notice it before last weekend. I was haulin' a$$ down to the Sarasota Home Depot to buy my buddy a generator for his house in Port Charlotte. I made it! He paid me back and it looks like FEMA is going to pay everyone back who bought a generator due to Hurricane Charley. That's pretty damn cool! It's good to finally see our tax dollars going to a worthy cause! I wonder if I can get FEMA to pay for my wings? :headscratch: j/k :mrgreen:

Tim

·
Registered
209 Posts
From the pics, that doesn't look too bad man. Just use some modeling glue...unless you plan on taking them off or what not eventually. That's the exact same spot on the ride side where my wing was coming off.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
T-Rock, That's what I thought when I read your first post. It sounded exactly the same. I'll keep the modeling glue idea in mind incase the dealer doesn't want to fix it.

Tim

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cool man, good luck with things. :smile: Btw, you live in the city I was born in. Damn I miss FL man. heh Again, good luck and hope you can get those guys to fix your wing.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had my bike in for the brake recall and let the service writer look at the wings peeling off. He said again that Honda doesn't usually warranty "cosmetics" past 45 days but he would write up a ticket and call to see if they would replace the sticker which is $22.00. He's suppossed to call me when he gets an answer from Honda. My way of thinking is, $22.00 isn't a whole lot of money for a dealer to spend to keep a customer. :bitchslap: I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Tim

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
replace the sticker which is $22.00
It's only 22 from the dealer. I was going to order from Ron Ayers but I guess I should check my local dealer. Part of one of my wings got nicked and I need to get a new decal. From Ron Ayers it's almost 40 just for that one part of the wing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts