Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wrecked Labor Day at Texas world speedway in college station.

The girl on red bike started to break unexpectedly and I grabbed a handful of front brake. We were both transported.

I suffered from all ligaments in my shoulder torn and fractured pelvis. I was concussed and have no recollection of the entire day. I believe she dislocated her shoulder and broke a finger. The report says I was traveling over 100mph

The female ride on red bike suffered dislocated shoulder and fracture

Sad day for my bike but thank God for sending a guardian angel

Please help us by donating towards our recovery fund! All the donations will go towards medical costs, loss of work, and getting back on our feet caused by the recent motorcycle accident involving Elizabeth and myself! (Video here:
)

We will be raffling off a Ridesmart track day credit for those who donate and wish to partake! Anything will help!

We can't thank our family and friends enough (even those we do not know) for all the support and encouragement we have received!

Thank you for all y'all's love and support

Please share this!

http://www.gofundme.com/dye2ok

·
Registered
123 Posts
Turn 7 is the gravity bowl right? y'all both were off the line :( heal up, Q. you know better next time ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm glad ur both ok. I was thinking the same thing Laura but damn that's a hard lesson for them both. Level 1 people are still learning the racing line. Heal up soon and I'm glad you are in good spirits.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Saw this over on the MotoDFW forum. Those endo's are a nasty way to get off the bike, BTDT.

Heal up and keep your mind open to learn from this one - you definitely don't want to get into that situation again.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Ouch that looked scary & painful I am glad you walked away ( took a spanking ) but never less in great spirits which is a blessing get well soon . I see an act of target fixation slightly I am sure your eyes lit up when you realized you are going to plow into another RR . I am speculating of course you could have swerved slightly to the right to get away from her but then again with such speed it all occurs to fast & to react correctly & stay upright in an instant is not an easy task

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks rough man! Most of us have been there in that kinda situation (maybe not a endo but bad crash!!)

Heal up soon and dont let it keep you off the bike ^^

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
That suuucks but man you got some great footage of it!

Not sure which group you were in, but unless you are pretty intimate with the skills of the rider in front of you, following anyone is iffy - of course you know that now, but perhaps someone else reading this thread can avoid the same situation you were in. I'll chip in some bucks to your fund too.

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That suuucks but man you got some great footage of it!

Not sure which group you were in, but unless you are pretty intimate with the skills of the rider in front of you, following anyone is iffy - of course you know that now, but perhaps someone else reading this thread can avoid the same situation you were in. I'll chip in some bucks to your fund too.

Thank you!!

I wasn't following her.. She was on the right line and I was coming in a lot faster on the left (off the line to pass) when she pulled over, changed her mind, and the. Braked :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts