Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Yamaha M1's MODEL BIKE (work in progress) 56K=no *update*

I thought I would share a few pics of my work in progress that were taken with the new camera I was given for Christmas (cannon powershot).

I'll update the thread as my progression goes.

Thanx,
Erik

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CBRrr said:
Who makes that kit?
Tamiya makes it.

Purchased at www.rocousa.com Click on Tamiya and then scroll down to find the motorcycles.

I'm waiting on the aftermarket logo kit (kit comes with go!!!!!!! as opposed to tobaco) to come in for it as well as the paint for the fairings.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The kits were here when I got home from work on friday, and I've spent many hours during the holiday break working on them. Typically it takes me about 2-3 weeks during a normal schedule to build them (work mon-fri etc), I've just been lucky to have so much free time to spend building.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cant wait to see the finished pics. What color are you painting them? The Gaulioses blue or the Yamaha anniversary colors run at Laguna?

·
Registered
255 Posts
wolfpac52 said:
Tamiya makes it.

Purchased at www.rocousa.com Click on Tamiya and then scroll down to find the motorcycles.

I'm waiting on the aftermarket logo kit (kit comes with go!!!!!!! as opposed to tobaco) to come in for it as well as the paint for the fairings.
Nice work on your build up. Unfortunately I don't have the time to build models anymore. I've been collecting built up models, diecast and plastic. Minichamps have really nice 1/12 diecasts. I'm looking forward to Rossi's "Laguna" and "Valencia" YZR-M1. But the best detailed bikes are the 1/12 plastic models, like the one you're building. Tamiya offers built up models called "Masterworks", pricey but worth every penny. Take a look at the late Daijiro Kato's RCV (Sete Gibernau's teamate):

Notice all the body work comes off. . .beautiful. I also have Rossi's 2002 Repsol RCV, 2003 Valencia Repsol RCV, and 2004 go!!!!!!! YZR-M1 (the very same kit you are building).

Protar also offers built up models in larger 1/9 scale. These blow away Guiloy's diecast models in accuracy. Here are two of the four Protar models I have, the other two are Gibernau's RCV and Biaggi's Camel RCV (in the background).

Then there's my Minichamp MotoGP and WSBK collection in 1/12 and 1/6 scale. . . PLUS the car collection. . .

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the compliments!

I am going to paint them the yamaha blue, one with the go!!!!!!!!! logo and the other with the Gauloises logo. I had to special order the Gauloises logo, as the stock kit does not come with any tobaco logos. If they had a kit for the Valencia or Laguna scheme I would definitley paint them.

The kit themselves are pretty cheap, around $24-$30 online. It's all the stuff you need to build it that gets expensive (compressor, airbrush, paints, supplies etc).

Those Mater Model bikes are very nice. I believe they sell for around the $70 range. Very detailed, very sharp, very flawless.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts