Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody customized their RR without using fairings. It's kinda getting to be a good look for the older bikes. My buddy is doing this look with a 92' FZR. just wondering.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I asked this question a while ago, didn't get too many responses.

The RR would look HOT as a naked bike. Get rid of the upper fairing, too. (But leave the tail section.) From there, you can go the hooligan streetfighter look and get some funky alien-style headlights, but personally, I'd go for the retro cafe racer look and find a standard round headlight to mount to the fork tubes.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
I dont like it one bit..

if you want a naked bike.. buy a new naked bike.. dont do that to a 600RR..

the 600RR is a race bike that needs fairings on it.. that in my opinion is just ruining and defacing a 600RR..

just my opinion though.. whatever makes you happy..

·
Registered
595 Posts
the black one doesn't look too bad...sorta like a z1000 with a sportier front fairing. If i had to buy a sport standard the z1000 would be it.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Gross, some one put those fairings back on...if you want a naked bike, buy a friggin' 599 or 999...the RR would look aweful naked...now excuse me, I have to go shudder

·
Registered
362 Posts
funny you mention it. a buddy came over right as i was finishing up the bike. i had to take it out and bed the new brake pads in. he commented on my naked bike.

here's a pic of what the bike looked like, then i put the wheels, grips, and seat on (no tail section) and rode it around the 'hood. doesn't get much more naked than that.

it was actually kind of cool, but i like the way the RR looks fully clothed.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agree, buy a street fighter if you want, but don't turn a beautiful bike into that. Hell naked's are cheaper for a reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts