Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys I've been down and putting it off long enough and think it's time toget back on and get my baby up and running again..

Few of you guys know a while back I went down (rider error) and lowsided at about 45 MPH and got some slight damage and a bent rim and maybe a tweaked subframe from the spool snapping off..

I need a good reputable shop that's not going to break the bank to get the frame/sub checked and a good look over and let me know what's up and maybe fix the main problems to get her back up and ridable again.

Bikes not ridable and I don't want to get screwed for major labor or storage fees while I get her fixed.

So if anyone knows a legit shop or guys who can do it on the cheaper side but DO IT RIGHT in the So Cal OC area in CA. Please send me their info. I need to mount up and get her out again.

Thigs I need looked at
Sub frame
Frame
Front end
Rear rim
And anything else I might not see
I would do it my self but I know some but not enough to be confidant in getting her back to 100%.

Quick vid post crash to get an idea

·
Registered
319 Posts
down in laguna niguel there used to be streetdreams, Brian, the owner was awesome but he sadly passed away and I am not entirely sure what happened to the shop after that but I think it got sold and is still up and running. you might wanna give them a call and check

·
Registered
264 Posts
That sucks man sorry to hear that! My buddy did the same thing like a month or so ago unfortunately. Were you in second or first? Lucky the slider didn't rip out of your frame like his.

Were you able to ride it home?

·
Registered
66 Posts
there's also Metric Method down in Laguna Hills. I've personally only been there once to get my sag set and tires changed but they seemed like good people.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sucks man sorry to hear that! My buddy did the same thing like a month or so ago unfortunately. Were you in second or first? Lucky the slider didn't rip out of your frame like his.

Were you able to ride it home?
Yea my fault can only blame my self getting cocky and I thought I was in second but was in first reason I f'd up.

And kind of luckily my sliders held but the back spool/slider tore out my threads in the sub frame and I have a dent from the torque of it tearing out.

And no I was going to but glad I didnt because when I got home noticed I couldnt turn the bars and the back rim wasnt just a flat but caught on a street pog and caught the rim.

and I look those spots up thanks fellas. My main thing is not getting raped for price of labor and storage. Just want it fixed and done right with out getting screwed.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Hell, that thing looks fine to me. Get a new rear rim. Anything from 03 on will fit. You can get one for $100. You probably tweaked the position of your forks or your clip-ons.. Loosen them up, make sure they're square, then tighten them back up. Are your forks leaking? If not, your front suspension is fine.

If it rides crooked, you may need to have it looked at. I'll bet it's fine though. These bikes are tough. I threw mine down the track three times. I zip tied the plastic back together and it was perfect.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Yeah not too bad. Did you mean the spool boss got torn off the swingarm? You said subframe. Not sure how much else a shop could tell you without digging into hourly labor costs. I doubt the frame or front end is damaged without a direct impact. I'd be happy to swing by and take a look sometime.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've had some work done at R Cal Racing in Huntington Beach. They were friendly and did a good job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't actually know if this shop does the work you need done, but I can say that I like them. Had routine stuff done there and they are always nice, don't rush me out and don't gouge on prices: CYCLEMALL.NET. Shop is on Red Hill Ave. in Tustin. Give 'em a call first.

V

1 - 10 of 10 Posts