Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
so my chain need to be replaced I got a stuck link.
I was about to order a chain and sprocket kit but my bike buddy told me my sprockets still looks good and that I should just put a new chain on.
Plus I got a friend that have a rk 525 chain barely used.. That I could get for like 40$..
So my question is can a "professional" take a look at my sprocket pictures and tell me if my buddys are right.. To me they look good .. but im a newbie :cruising: Thanks!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Get the chain for 40 bucks and toss that on.

People will chime in and preach that you have to change everything. The only risk you have with not doing that is slightly premature wear. Its not dangerous.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
have you ever cleaned and lubed your chain? It looks pretty nasty, which could be why you have a stuck link. Cleaning it might free it up. Your sprockets don't look terrible, but you should replace the chain and sprockets at the same time to prevent uneven wear, but it's not required. Do what you want lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike was stored just before I bought it and the chain was very dry, I tried cleaning it up and lubing a lot since then but like 2 weeks ago a links got stuck and I couldnt do nothing to free it up..
So thank you guys for the advice I will buy that rk chain from my friend and I should be good .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts