Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm contemplating about getting the Honda 600RR soon. I have never own a Honda motorcycle before so please give me some of your honest opinion.

1) How is Honda customer service (warranty repair coverage etc.)
2) Is the 600RR reliable overall? What are some of the common problem with this motorcycle?

If you have any other advices, please feel free to add in. This would make my decision a lot easier. Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
potate311 said:
any other bike you have owned/ridden and liked.... multiply that liking by about 50
Thanks for your reply...I *know* the bike is a very good bike...but you are not answering the questions. I'm not asking if the bike is a good or a bad bike..I'm asking about Honda customer service and bike common problems.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm in car sales and I'll be as blunt as possible...

Realiability....AWESOME! I hate to say it BUT I'm an aggresive rider/driver (car & bike) and it seems like theres not much I can do to break my Honda (05 600rr Tribal)...some people ask me "are you trying to break that thing?"....lol

Service: That is going to be down to the dealership and there service department (and thats with every manufacturer)

I just got off my buddies 06 GSXR 600 and I'll tell you, I'm really happy with my Honda purchase...

ONLY recommendation is BUY A NEW SEAT (Corbin)

Best of luck and I promise you..you wont be disappointed

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
honda build beautiful bike fantastic quail. for the price some of the best in the world.
most of the problems seem to arise when trying mods, my 05 at just over a year old has zero problems , and it gets riden every day.

service is more an issue with the store you bought it from for my money... alot of the guys on this site swing their own spanners so to avoid the stress of dodgee service, have a look thru the maintainence section of the site here it will give you a great idea of wots ahead... good luck, and buy the 07.... get an older one for now and upgrade to the next gen!!! as soon as it arrives!!!love this bike , honda 4 life!

·
Registered
533 Posts
just look at all the stunters and how beat the crap out of there bikes notice all the honda's still run like the day there where new. i love mine and would never consider another bike honda all the way

·
Registered
322 Posts
Now if you asked me about a 1000cc bike, I would (am) be open to other bikes out there...

I've always liked R1's (a few buddies have them) and have my eye out for what the 07 will look like...

HONDA's earned there reputation for being really reliable for a reason....hence the comment (reliable)...."its a honda!"

·
Registered
103 Posts
randomwalk101 said:
Is the 600RR reliable overall? What are some of the common problem with this motorcycle?
H.O.N.D.A > Do you hafta ask?

Common problems: Your friends won't keep up with you, therefore you'll have pissed off friends. Unless they have RRs too. (like my friend:)) Also, dont go anywhere where you can sit and see your bike. This can cause problems in the neck ranging anywhere from minor to severe.

Oh and the best thing about the bike is that it has no needle speedo. Its so cool to watch the digits jump: 25, 29, 37, 48, 57, 64, etc...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Warp_Speed said:
No common problems that I am aware of. As far as the customer service I couldnt tell you, Ive never had to use them :D
Me 3!!! The only thing that pisses me off is the tank/airbox rattle...BUT thats a simple fix (lol)

Best of luck with the new ride!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Reliability is outstanding.
Honda service. Great. Somehow I cracked my front fairing above the headlights near the wind screen and they replaced it under warrranty. Like a $700 repair for free. I was more than happy.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
randomwalk101 said:
Thanks for all of your advices guys. The reason I asked was because I am debating between the 600RR or the Yamaha R6
you are trying to decide between yamaha and honda by quality and reliability?!?!?! haha no comparison

1 - 14 of 14 Posts