1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
86 Posts
Go on Sacramentocrotchrockets.com under the group rides section, they go that route pretty regularly. I would but its about 2 hours just to the starting point.

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks poo, that's why I'm thinking of making a trip out of it. Does look scary and fun at the same time. Just imagine the fresh air and 600 turns.

·
Registered
155 Posts
+1 on http://sacramentocrotchrockets.com awesome group to ride with and this is their backyard.

Depending on where you are coming from this is just an afternoon ride for the locals but there should be some hotels in the auburn area before you hit the ridge.

The weather has been crappy lately and there is still snow (when I rode it around the end of may) in some area's so I sugguest holding off til the end of June when things clear up a bit and most of the debree have been cleared away.

Highly recommend Wenthworth Springs Road (one of the best roads in northern CA) if you're in the area...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=georgetown,+ca&daddr=Wentworth+Springs+Rd,+Georgetown,+El+Dorado,+California+95634+to:38.778845,-120.426464&hl=en&geocode=FdyrUQIdbibM-ClfrNn2uaubgDGo_XuxSo_BxA;FVqpUQIdrfHO-CkZybnhGrWbgDFeYXBPBycxzQ;&abauth=7b5c0383:-qMTXY5tNYcvVyuPzr0TxvUSTjQ&mra=dme&mrcr=1&mrsp=2&sz=13&vps=5&jsv=242c&sll=38.784331,-120.413933&sspn=0.065701,0.150204&num=10

·
Registered
155 Posts
Go on Sacramentocrotchrockets.com under the group rides section, they go that route pretty regularly. I would but its about 2 hours just to the starting point.
2 hours is a walk in the park when you are riding these EPIC roads....just do it

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks qballman, appreciate the help. I'll take youradvice and wait till the end of the month. I bet it's pretty hot there to right?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Damn that looks nice. I will have to check it out sometime after I get some more experience. Anyone ride with the Sac crotchrocket guys?

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might be a good idea for u to ride with these guys to learn and mentor u if there up to it but not that road for sure. I know my first time up will be slow and to learn the road and just to have fun.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Damn that looks nice. I will have to check it out sometime after I get some more experience. Anyone ride with the Sac crotchrocket guys?
I'm a fairly new member on SCR but screen name is: qball

These guys are awesome to ride with, if you need experience these are the guys to be riding with. They will answer any question you have about riding and will show you the ropes, so no worries just ask lots of questions.

Weather's look nice up there right now so they should be out on the weekends in full force. Sign up and hit the group rides sections.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts