Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice.

looking to pick up a 2007 600rr in the next couple days and was looking into this forum to look for advice and tips in the cbr family. Wondering if 5000 is a good,fair, bad price for a 2007 cbr 600rr with 9500 miles on it. Looks like it been downed once cause the right rear sets and engine cover are slightly nicked up. Brothers exhaust and a couple flashy led lights. Also rear tire needs to be replaced. Look like he was doing burnouts with it. Input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i bought my 06 with 3800 mi. for 5499 from a dealer. it was in pretty good shape tho after i bought it i found that the left turnsignal had been broken off so theyres some cracks. they also threw on a new rear tire for me. If you think its been down, id keep looking. ITs possible the subframe is bent and if this guy's doing burnouts, its a tough choice. you dont know how else he treated the bike. just dont get sold on the first bike you come to. look around and a bunch of diffrent used bikes and new ones and find the one you absolutely have to have. if your paying that much you might as well find the bike of your dreams or one your going to mod to make it your dream bike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I attached some of the photos of the scratches. Its wierd cause it doesnt exactly look like he crashed it. There are no marks on the fairing, but upon closer examination under the rear set is scratched and the engine cover is too. I could always replace the engine cover right?

I am a little antsy, but thats cause all the 2007's i been seeing are like around 7k and I don't want to let this opportunity go if its a good deal. Just excited cause its my first 600cc bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
You are also missing a heat shield behind that passenger footpeg, just so you know. I wonder if it was taken off because the previous owner thought it looked better or if it was damaged too? Not a big deal, they are like 4 bucks on ebay but reserach a little more before you buy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
if its the best deal in your area, i would take it. maybe have them replace the tire for you. but personally if i was looking for a bike, i would pass on one that looks like it may of had the hell beaten out of it.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Just keep looking. I bought my 08' for $5k and my 07' for $4800 both in great condition. I can't really see any reason to pay more than $4500 for an 07' now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k thanks for the tips guys. it seemed like the going rate around new jersey everyone is asking for 5500 plus for a 06. 07 they are asking around 6500 7k. i guess my area is just inflated.

I am going to keep looking until i find that perfect bike. I will get a 600rr! its coming.

·
Registered
131 Posts
indeed, i paid 5500 for my 08 Graffiti with Puig screen, twobros exhaust and some other small mods with 1102 miles on it.

If you're patient, the deal you can't pass up will eventually come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn thats a really good deal lol. Yea you guys talked me into it. I'm going to hold off for now.

where do you guys usually look for bikes? craigslist cycletrader?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I bought my 07 last year with 800 miles on it for $6000 if I remember correctly.

KBB reports a 07 600rr in your area to be worth between $4090 (Trade In) and $5940 (Retail) w/6415 miles, in Excellent condition. Use that as a measuring stick.

Found mine on craigslist.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just paid 5400 for my 06 with 4900 miles in perfect condition, best deal i found after months of looking in my area. most around here are 5500-6000 and 07's are 6000-6500. so just research alot in your area and that could be the best you find. i would go back take another look and examine every single aspect, look around online for a checklist of things to look for, print it out and go check everything on the list.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I used craigslist for both my bikes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
damn thats a really good deal lol. Yea you guys talked me into it. I'm going to hold off for now.

where do you guys usually look for bikes? craigslist cycletrader?

I used Cycletrader, Craigslist and local forums... local forums is where I found my deal.
Search around for motorcycle clubs / groups etc in your local area and check their Classified section. I found mine a county away on their local county board. Took some digging and a few weeks of searching, but I finally landed my 2nd RR... I was pretty close to buying a kawi too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i use the same sources as well...

someone emailed me today that has a 2007 cbr , 2 bros exhaust, flush mounts, frame sliders and a couple of other mods.

5700 dollars.. sounds pretty good to me, talk him down to 5500 and we have a deal.

mint condition woot woot. i just hope it doesnt fall through.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
check your pm, i'm not sure if this bike is still for sale but i managed to talk a guy into selling me his 2007 black 600rr with 3k miles on it for $5000.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts