Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my front brakes changed about 1000 miles ago. I thought the loud sound leaving a stop sign would leave but it sounds like its getting worse. should I be able to see brake fluid? In the sight glass and the pad looks like its sitting on the rotor. Any input? I seen others were they said slight noise mine is loud but it dont act funny when I stop and I dont notice it at hight speeds just when stopping and leaving a stop.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Brakes.

B R A K E S!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
This should help you out: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=150266

Haha, just kidding man. But yeah, I had a similar problem with mine, and from searching the forums and asking around, a lot of people say that it's because your brakes are "glazed" from the brake pads being applied and getting too hot. So now, whenever I come to a stop I hear a loud squeak. As with your case, it doesn't seem to affect my braking abilities in anyway. I think I read that you can use brake cleaner to clean your rotors and brake pads to remedy the "problem".

EDIT: Jamie Murray beat me to it :(

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
try cleaning your rotor off. might be debri in between the pad and rotor, never know. who did your brakes? take it back to them and have them fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts