Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my road trip to Florida; Me and my friend are gonna go to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon.

I need advice from riders how have ridden the Tail of the Dragon :

·
Registered
814 Posts
BlueBlur said:
watch out for assholes throwing jars of oil onto the road!!!
It wasn't a jar of oil it was a bottle of coolant held out the window.

Let the faster riders by you, don't try to match their pace, just get out of the way, they don't want to see your lines or watch you ride. Wear full leathers, don't hit the trees or go off the cliffs, don't pass in the corners, especially blind ones. Don't cross the lines in corners, watch out for cars and trucks. Don't try to show off and do a wheelie up wheelie hill at the crossroads of time, you'll find yourself in the woods. If you do crash, don't forget to hang some parts on the tree of shame.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah i would just say go what you cant dont push yourself too hard, and let others pass and watch out for cars around blind curves

dave

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Go during the weekday. There's little to no popo and a lot less crowded. Keep a reserve on the Dragon. There is little to no forgivness if you screw up. You could find yourself off the cliff or into the mountian.

If you get caught by the police don't even think about running. There's only two ways in and their sitting at both ends with a helicopter above you. Just pull over and take your medicine.

Wear ALL of your gear and most of all....Have fun!

PS. Try the Mexican restaurant in Robbinsville. Awesome food!

·
Registered
143 Posts
make sure to watch out for gravity cavity. its really easy to over run that turn. its hard to make b/c you go from unloaded suspension to fully loaded back to unloaded very quickly.

there are also yellow dots on the road to warn you of the dangerous (and thus slower) turns. also do'nt cross the double yellows in turns and such. you wouldn't do it in the middle of a major city, so don't do it there either.

and be sure to ride your own pace, its really easy to get in over your head if you try to just keep up with other people.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you're going during the weekend I would take a site seeing trip up and down the dragin once, and venture out to find other roads. The odds of getting a ticket or in a wreck due to other jackasses has gone up. There are roads off the beaten path that are just us fun ans less traveled as the dragon. If you want I'll talk with some of the local guys and get you directions to those roads.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Oh and one more thing. If you go to asheville NC, stop by a strip club called X-capades and tell Brooke to mail me my damn hat, she goes be the stage name "Chip". Also tell Nina I will call her next year when I'm in town. kthnx. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lil' redneck girl said:
and another thing...if you are on your way down to my neck of the woods (ie florida), are you going to blood mountain?

We plan to go to Daytona Beach, is blood mountain in the north of Florida ?

I'll search for it on a map, can U give me more specific direction on that road ?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Really. What "Blood Mountian" are you talking about? The only one I know of is in North Georgia.
that would be the one i was talking about. i mean, if you are coming down via the way of the dragon, blood mountain is a little south of that in northern georgia. now i know ya'll didn't think i meant some place in florida!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hessogood said:
go to wayat road, there is no traffic and nice curves and scenery. All of the roads are nice. I think 19/74/28 this lost goes on forever.

Wayat Road, is that near the Strip club you are talking about :))

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
lil' redneck girl said:
that would be the one i was talking about. i mean, if you are coming down via the way of the dragon, blood mountain is a little south of that in northern georgia. now i know ya'll didn't think i meant some place in florida!!!!
I was wondering if I was missing out on something. The only thing we have around here in the way of a mountian is the city trash dump.

Blood mountian is an awesome road though. Some of those curves are more challenging then the dragon because of the camber involved. I'd say it's every bit as challenging of a road as the dragon is. They don't call it Blood Mountain for nothing. We went up last year and stayed with a buddy in North Georgia. He showed us some of the local roads. Unfortunetly, on our way down we had a good rider go down on blood mountian (Right in front of me).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sheesh

My god guys, the length and smoothness of that rd just makes me want to plan a rd trip to the USA just to ride that rd and visit some strip clubs!! Gotta be close to the best rd in the world for bikes i reckon!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts