Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is raining in my town right now and i never ride in the rain before any advices please LOL im not scared but just wanna be safe thanx

rodrigo

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok man thanx i will enjoy it and ride very safe :D thanx so much. just dont bring my plastic bag LOL just my jacket

rodrigo

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Be smooth, brake earlier than usual, avoid puddles and slippery serfices i.e. man holes and tar snakes, accelerate slower, don't follow cars or other bikes too close, and try and keep your visor fog free.( i leave my cracked just a little.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL sorry for the helo LOL, ok i will remember that and BTW i forgot to change my visor so i have smoke have to ride with the visor open :S hope all is ok.

rodrigo

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wear my smoked visor all the time, never change it. I don't have a problem riding with it at night, or during rain. It's as dark as they come too. You definitely don't want to ride with the visor open during the rain. Those drops will sting your face.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I ride my bike everyday here in Orlando, and it rains almost everyday. I wear a 1-pc. rainsuit, and ride a little more carefully than I would normally.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Watch out for thiose white lines on the road. It's really slippery when its wet.
Not just the white lines...any painted surfaces on the road. You would also want to ride on the side of the lane and not the middle. When it's dry it doesn't matter, but wet is a different stroy with the oil....

·
Drama Queen Extraordinaire
778 Posts
Basically what everyone else said, just take it easy

-Accelerate slower
-Brake softer
-Avoid Slippery surfaces (Paint lines, sewer caps, etc.)
-Use more rear brake, do not slam front brake
-Slower in turns
-Make sure your tires are warm
-Try to stay dry

·
Registered
52 Posts
I try to ride in the tire tracks of the car in front of me.

plastic bags over your socks if u r traveling long distance

without waterproof boots.Break EARLY.Keep your distance from the a-holes

in s.u.v.s who like to speed in the rain.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
increase following distance, squeeze brakes, keep as much tire contacted as possible.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
All that was said above, just follow it and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
hahahaha lmao! "friendly choppa in bound!"

or on the other end, "enemy helicopter approching"

Not the biggest fan unless i am sporting an RPG-7...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts