Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is the deal......

My business partner is moving into town and he has just fallen in love with riding. He has taken my bike out a few times after taking the course and he has fallen in love with it. BUT spring is around the corner and I am not gonna give up mine everyday, ESPECIALLY on the nice days. So he wants to buy the new RR. This is his first bike and I dont think he should get something so PRETTY to do something stupid on while he is really learning hands on. I convinced him to get a used bike for this year and a new one next year. So we found a few bikes in the 3000 canadian range. The major choices seem to be Kawasaki 600(97-2001) or the Honda f4(92-93) or the Suzuki 750(95-97) now the years do varie but I dont know which one is the best for him to get. I had the GSXR but i am a big boy and he is only like a buck 20 at 5'7 or so. Input by all of you would be much appriciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would go with the Kawi...it is a much more relaxed position which might help with confidence...the 750 is way too much power for a new rider. The f4 is also a really good choice though. I would say get the bike that is most comfortable and in the best condition

·
Registered
491 Posts
Find out which of your options has the cheapest / most readily available fairing parts to replace.......... Chances are he's gonna bin it some time.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yeah used zx6r's are a dime a dozen, and they are really good bikes all around. The early CBR's are Fugly so he probably won't like them, the 92-93's aren't f4's either they're the F2 I think. My first bike was a GSXR750 '96 and it was awsome, I wish I could have kept it but then I wouldn't have had the money to get the RR. Those bikes are usually a little bit more expensive becuase alot of stunters like them, same reason the CBR900's are so expensive still. I'd definately get the ZX6R from that list if I was looking for a first bike. Some other people are going to say EX500's and SV650's but they're just not my style.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I was kinda leaning towards the Kawi 600 he is only gonna have it for one season anyways. Thanks again. If anyone has had bad experiences with this bike please let me know.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a CBR 600 F2 (94 model) up until 2 weeks ago when I sold it to my friend (who is a beginner). Its a great bike, very comfortable, great learners bike and very reliable. It was my first bike ever, I learnt to ride on it and enjoyed every second. Its not as pretty as the newer bikes, but overall I like the look of it the best out of that era. I had it for almost 3 years, only non wear and tear part I ever replaced was the fuel tap which doubles as an elementary fuel pump. I would definitely go for a good condition F2 or F3 if he can find one. Oh, and it even keeps up with my friend's 98 TL1000S, if I got all the gear changes spot on I could beat him from pull-off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts