Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UDPATE

This is and update from one of the owner:

"I wish I could say we got our bikes back but that is not the case yet.

We have spent some time at the diner and while there we happened to see a car that looks like it could be a great match for the one in the Surveillance pics.
The driver of the car was acting very strange when we saw him. We have the plate number and are working on tracing that down now.

We have some people working on the video to try to clean it up the best they can. They have access to software that most people only dream about.

Fox news is doing a story on the thefts tonight. We do not know when it will air but they are scheduled to come out and do an interview tonight.

Thank you again to everybody that has offered help. We wouldnt be as far as we are with out you!"

Stay tuned for more info."

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/showthread.php?p=950481#post950481

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Posting this for a friend.

I need your help in figuring out this type car. Looking for brand, model, year, color, and anything else that we can use to identify this car. This car allowed the thieves to get to and into the garage.

Please keep all comments and suggestions relevant as we are serious about catching these guys.

"At Around 10pm on 6/8/10 3 motorcycles were stolen from a parking garage in Fairfax Va.

1: 2009 CBR 600RR black

2: 2009 CBR 600RR Red/White/Blue

3: 2006 GSXR 600 White and Silver lots of bolt on parts.

Shortly after 10pm my neighbors where sitting on the balcony and watched the 3 bikes drive past. They recognized 2 of the bikes as their own CBRs and immediately ran down to the garage to find the 3 bikes missing. They say that one of the riders didnt seem to really know how to ride very well and was real wobbly as they were driving down our street. Fortunately there happened to be 2 Fairfax county cops at the building for a different reason. Unfortunately they didn't call in the bikes right away and when they did they were nowhere to be found. the kicker is my bike didnt even have a license plate on it.

The owners of the CBRs just returned home not an hour before the bikes were stolen.

The best we can figure is that they came for the 2 CBRs and saw my bike and decided to take it while they were here. We think this because they stole one of my helmets that happened to be by my bikes. We think that when they came across the helmet they took the opportunity to take a 3rd bike.

All 3 of us know that it is a long shot that we will ever see our bikes again. Chances are they are already being parted out according to what the cops said. Fortunately we all have insurance on the bikes but we are not sure if our insurance is going to cover all the extra bolt ons we had on the bikes. I am pretty sure that my insurance is not going to cover the helmet I had stolen."

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You could probably assume if they don't know how to ride very well they are probably not very good at taking the bikes apart so I would doubt 3 bikes have been parted out and sold in 3 days. Weird part is how they hot wired your bikes so they know some things. I would keep a look out and check your local bike shops to see if anyone is trying to sell some parts for cheap. If you have a track around also look their and even let the owners/riders know about the bikes that would be getting parted out.. Other riders will help you find these guys. That last one looks like a biggin...

·
Registered
539 Posts
man that really sucks, i hope you catch those low-lifes

it looks to me like a Lincoln LS
http://images01.olx.com/ui/5/61/83/1270148966_66145883_7-2003-Lincoln-LS-V8-United-States-1270148966.jpg
First off, that sucks OP... best of luck either finding it whole or not finding it at all... insurance can sometimes beat the damage done :cursin:

Anyways, you might look into a later model Mercedes... Refer to this picture:

Check out the raise on the hood near where the headlights would be.

EDIT: After posting this image I kind of got to looking. A lot of smaller sedan vehicles that I know of usually have their gas tank on the right side of their car... perhaps look for a car with gas tank caps on the left AND rims that have the vehicles emblem on them. Theres no obvious aftermarket cosmetics, so I dont think rims would be on the owners list of firsts, but would make their car "unique" so to speak.

My Mom works at a car dealership, I'll see if she can at least get the make, model and maybe even limit to a couple years for you... :ciao: Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
137 Posts
its has a european shape to it. heres my pick:

·
Registered
411 Posts
it looks like a Mercedes. What is throwing me off is the "square" looking back window area.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Benz was my first thought to. The side body line looks euro as well and they have 5 spoke wheels. Good luck man!

·
Registered
57 Posts
im thinkin lincoln LS for sure

+1 The C-Pillar and the way it bulges out by the door handles gives it away.

I hope these fgts get what they deserve. Nobody should have to deal with the feeling of seeing their own bike pull away. :( Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
131 Posts

Could be the LS

·
Registered
539 Posts
why are te security cameras so crappy????????
Thats literally how they're designed... you pick how good they are. A little unrealistic but its $20 for these pair of shoes or $120 for these Michael Jordan brand new shoes, which would you pick to go jogging in? A lot of places would rather pick the cheaper of the two (unless the complex has a large financial backing) and if they can opt into a used but a still (semi-)functional camera, they will. Sometimes it takes these complexes MONTHS to get the checks they need for these type of security jobs... hence why the complexes administration would rather cut a check for the $20, instead of $120... Sucks in the long run, or if there are any claims.

Could be the LS
its has a european shape to it. heres my pick:
Only catch with those choices is the gas compartment thing, where you put the nozzle from the station at. Its on the right side in the three vehicles we chose, its not on the car in the picture.

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
I assume u live in an apartment complex, Keep an eye out for that car and especially that Fat Piece of Shyt cause he should be easier to recognize. If I saw them back there o would follow them and see where they live and hangout, get a good plan of attack and Whoop that A$$. Best part on u guys is u all got insurance. GL

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
it looks to me like a Lincoln LS
I agree its either that... for some reason its looks like a late model big body Lexus. My neighbor has one and its a familiar look.... But I would look in to all three brands. Also bro you should check with the local bike pubs on bike night and ask around. I'm sure you might get some feed back. Despite them looking like newbs and low lifes, they knew exactly how to wire the bike so I'm pretty sure they have done previous jobs.

Not to mention check previous photos on the camera from the last couple day leading up to the theft. Because they had to have cased the place at least once before taking the bikes.

Hope this helps some, and good luck bro.

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Not to mention check previous photos on the camera from the last couple day leading up to the theft. Because they had to have cased the place at least once before taking the bikes.

I like this part or they know someone that lives therw to know the bikes are there. At this point i wouldnt want the bikes back if they found it after they Molested them.Ill take the insurance money and get revenge.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good luck catching them, they deserve an a$$ whoopin. I know the feeling, my previous bike was stolen a few months ago, it's almost like a loss in the family.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Only catch with those choices is the gas compartment thing, where you put the nozzle from the station at. Its on the right side
in the three vehicles we chose, its not on the car in the picture.
i agree 100% i dont see a gas cap on the passenger side on the security cam either....
but it is a sh1tty pic so idk...
good luck.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts