Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide what options I really have. I misplaced my manuel and don't know When it recommends for changing Plugs? I'm open to all options. Thanks

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank u ShortStack, I'm thinking about changing AirFilter and Plugs at the same time. I got about 10k on the bike now plus I'm trying to get an opinion about the BMC street filter. Wondering if I need a Fuel management for that filter?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Thank u ShortStack, I'm thinking about changing AirFilter and Plugs at the same time. I got about 10k on the bike now plus I'm trying to get an opinion about the BMC street filter. Wondering if I need a Fuel management for that filter?
to get the most from it, you need FI, and exhaust

allowing more air in, does not much good if it cant get out.

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I wasn't Clear enough. I have a Leo Vince Slip On and want to change out the Air Filter plus Spark Plugs. I wanted to know if anybody had experience with changing to a BMC Street filter without the Fuel management? I don't want to spend money on an PC or Bazzaz. Thanks RR Family

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
slipon / filter == you really should get fi -- your running a major risk of leaning out the motor and causing damage.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Sorry I wasn't Clear enough. I have a Leo Vince Slip On and want to change out the Air Filter plus Spark Plugs. I wanted to know if anybody had experience with changing to a BMC Street filter without the Fuel management? I don't want to spend money on an PC or Bazzaz. Thanks RR Family
Straight from Leo Vince's website
LeoVince SBK Oval Systems
SBK Oval exhaust systems are powerful, durable and most importantly affordable, providing significant weight savings and increased horsepower. They are designed to run with stock jetting or fuel injection settings
I sincerely doubt that adding an air filter element with an exhaust that was designed to run with your stock settings will make you run too lean.

Edit: Yes I know that adding a filter will effectively add more air to your mixture but not at a rate that it will significantly effect anything

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Straight from Leo Vince's website

I sincerely doubt that adding an air filter element with an exhaust that was designed to run with your stock settings will make you run too lean.

Edit: Yes I know that adding a filter will effectively add more air to your mixture but not at a rate that it will significantly effect anything
except, adding a filter makes it not so much a stock setting

who knows, maybe their r&d was betting on the restrictive nature of the stock filter to keep the machine in spec

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the reasons I got the Leo, no need for FUel management. I guess I might go OEM filter instead of taking a chance.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
im not saying your doomed, im, just saying becareful, fyi.

it wouldnt surprise me if your next post after installing a filter would be "my bike feels short on power" how ever.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Adding a race filter wont make it run too lean. It will run smoother then before guaranteed. Get some nice NGK plugs, that BCM filter (which I'd recommend only if you actually care because you probably wont notice a difference) Oem does keep your engine alot healthier though. Now if you plan on doing a short stack mod, then you will want a FI system. Thats when mine run a little nasty for a bit.

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know the BMC is not gonna make a Hugh difference so I should just stick with OEM filter and not take a chance. Is the Iridium NGK the best one for our bikes?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Plugs need to be checked at 16k miles and replaced at 32k miles.. well on my 07 anyways.. What year is it?

D

·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07 so I still got time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts