Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've got a 2004 f4i that I'm looking to do a split seat conversion on. I was just wondering where I can get all the parts for it, and how to do it. I'm willing to spend anything just to get that banana seat gone!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a 2006 and the seat doesn't bug me that much. I just bought this rear seat cowl:

Sorta a half-way measure.

Otherwise you need to buy and swap out your rear tail plastic for the split one. And you'll need a cowl or rear seat. I think it's a straight swap. You may need the seat lock and bracket as well. Don't remember.

There's an F4i forum where this is discussed. Haven't been there in years though. Only place I know for old parts like this is eBay. Unless you want to order new from Honda. But that probably cost half of what the bike's worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2006 and the seat doesn't bug me that much. I just bought this rear seat cowl:

View attachment 224948

Sorta a half-way measure.

Otherwise you need to buy and swap out your rear tail plastic for the split one. And you'll need a cowl or rear seat. I think it's a straight swap. You may need the seat lock and bracket as well. Don't remember.

There's an F4i forum where this is discussed. Haven't been there in years though. Only place I know for old parts like this is eBay. Unless you want to order new from Honda. But that probably cost half of what the bike's worth.
That bike looks beautiful! I've looked through all of the forums to find a seat cowl like that, however, the links the people gave led to some website that had them; but they were discontinued. I'll look around on eBay, thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Powerbronze in England makes them. Kinda pricey at around $130 delivered.

There's a place in the U.S. that sells them but can't remember the name. Sportbike Superstore or something like that. Also about $125.

There's a carbon fiber look one that looks decent on any color bike.

If you decide to get one message me and I'll show you a good way to mount it. The way they want you to do it is stupid and doesn't last (basically some plastic clips with sticky tape holding them on).

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I thought when I looked it up it was a subframe as well as the plastics and seats. My dad has an ‘05 or ‘06 and I remember researching it a bit right after he bought it. I could be wrong, though, but I think that’s why I stopped pursuing it for him.

It is online in F4i specific forums, however.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You're right, got confused because he said he had an 04 so I was thinking 04 subframe of which there is only one type.

What he'd need for his 04 is an 03 or earlier rear subframe in order to get the split seating.

It goes for around $400 new. Part number is
50200-MBW-A10ZA

Several on eBay in the $200 range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Powerbronze in England makes them. Kinda pricey at around $130 delivered.

There's a place in the U.S. that sells them but can't remember the name. Sportbike Superstore or something like that. Also about $125.

There's a carbon fiber look one that looks decent on any color bike.

If you decide to get one message me and I'll show you a good way to mount it. The way they want you to do it is stupid and doesn't last (basically some plastic clips with sticky tape holding them on).
The one in England sells them for about that price, yes, but they're black. The rear end on mine is black, however, I'm just curious how you got yours in blue?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Back in the day when these bikes weren't antiques they came in matching colors. At least I think so, can't remember exactly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts