Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

So I was installing some LED bolts for running lights on my license plate, and when testing them, I actually touched the two wires coming from the bike together and got the little "zap" sound. Immediately, the lights went out, along with my running lights up front on my front led turn signals.

Funny thing is, my turn signals still work, just not the running light part of the same signals, and I can't get my license plate running lights to work.

I think I may have blown a fuse, or shorted something.

Can anyone offer any assistance as to confirming if I have blown a fuse, and if so, which one I would need to replace (and what kind of fuse it is?)?

Thanks for your help!

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
You blew a fuse. Your not supposed to do that kind of work with the ignition on.
The running lights are on a separate circuit. Take off your left mid cover and locate the
fuse block, it looks like a rubber block. Open the top and pull the fuses out and look at them. There is a label inside the lid that shows the locations, replace the one that is "open" and don't turn it back on until you are done with the install.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I thought that's what I did. I didn't actually do the work with it on, but I twisted the wires together to test the light to make sure it worked, and then the wires touched by accident when i turned the ignition on to test. I'm an idiot and I knew I was as soon as it happened.

Thanks again for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts