Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove my fuel tank in order to check the ground on my starter. I have all the fairings off and the bolts out of the tank but it seems like the hoses on the bottom of the tank are keeping me from pulling it up. Can anyone help steer me the right way?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
most likely you missed a set of bolts. the lines should not prevent movement.
drink a beer and then go look again, you may have missed a set. goodluck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, the tank is loose so there arent any bolts holding it. I call pull it up a little but I didnt want to force anything and kink a line or break anything

·
Registered
387 Posts
*I've never had to remove the fuel tank, so take my info w/ a grain of salt.

I'm looking at the factory manual, and you basically remove the bolts that hold down the tank (which you did). That leaves the two quick connect pieces that you have to disconnect.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's most likely the drain hose that's causing you grief. From the factory, when attached, there really isn't enough slack in that hose to comfortably lift the tank. Just yank that sucker out and you should have a better feel for the other 2 hoses. It's the only hose that's connected vertically to the tank.

When putting it back, just pull up on the drain hose with constant, steady, pressure until you get enough slack to reattach it.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
ahhh yes the overflow.
that sounds like it is the truth. on my 05 that was the one i had to pull off to get it to come off. ha~! sorry bout that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts