Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the upper triple off my bike, but i cant unlock the stem.

Long story short, bike was stolen and was recently recovered. The key was not recovered with the bike, and the steering is locked.

I got the upper triple clamp bolts and stem nut off, so the triple is ready to go. If i try to pull it up though, it wont come off because of the steering lock being engaged.

The ignition appears to have been punched and it turns freely with a screw driver - but if i push down to try to unlock it, it wont unlock with the screwdriver.

I called my local honda dealer looking to get a key made, and was told "the only way to get a new key is to buy a new ignition, which comes with a new key" - this key will then not match any of the other keys. They referred me to a locksmith who they said they refer all their customers to who need a key. I called him, he said i need to bring the ignition in. I asked if he would come to my house and make a key, or if i can drop the bike off, since i cant remove the triple. He said either way he would have to take the triple off and his company wont disassemble motorcycle front ends anymore for insurance reasons.

I'm really stuck on how to get this thing off, and I'm getting very frustrated with the whole situation.... If anyone has any advice for me, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Also, I know posts about tampering with ignition/removing without key are usually looked at with a skeptical eye - and with good reason - but I have been a member of this site for a long time as well as being registered on 1000rr.net cbrworld.net numerous other forums and ebay with the same name...so please dont flame my thread with non-helpful crap

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NVRMND - figured it out ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Help

Same thing happened to me recently except the bike i still have.. How did you figure out on taking out the ignition with the steering locked on? My ignition turns freely. I took out the torx bolts, the other bolt was a bitch to take out bcuz of barely no space to unscrew it!! Anyways
If you could you pls send me a private message it would be helpful..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts