Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to move across 2 states and UHaul's policy is that the trailer must be returned to the original location. Any help on any other places that would let me rent and drop off in another state? (WA to CA)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just did some research and UHaul does have a one way rental on a 4x8 enclosed trailer that is supposed to be suitable for my 4cylinder Honda accord coupe to tow. it's 850lbs (empty weight)

i haven't done much towing but this is gonna be a 800mile trip in the winter time..what do u guys think? here is the 4x8 trailer. i'm gonna check it out in person in a few days. I'm sure the inside of it has rails along the edge so i can tie straps to the bike so it stays put

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would leave the bike with a freind or relative when you move, them come back for it later. I wouldn't trust a 4cyl accord to tow ANYTHING. You are likely going to be demanding way more power for durations the designers never expected(read overheating). And it may have the power to tow the trailer, but how about the braking effort to stop it too. All things to consider. You can leave the bike and ride it to your new home which would make for a cool ass trip down the west coast, or you could rent a pick-up truck from uhaul and bring it in that. I am pretty sure that you can get those both 1-way and def. round trip.
One other thought. Rent a truck to put your "things" and bike in, and get a rolling chassis to hook-up to the truck and tow the car behind you.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I rented a uhaul 4x8 trailer to move across Missouri...= $400

I bought a 5x10 tiltbed trailer = $550.

If you're thinking about doing track days and only have an accord, I'd look into a light trailer. Some onlt weigh like 400 lbs. Put 2 of me in your car and you have more than that.

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
Rent a uhaul van, put the bike and junk in the back, get a car hauler and tow your car. This way your car doesn't have to tow the trailer and you get your bike their without having to worry about it. T

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
posted it on uship. some guy says he'll pick it up tomorrow and have it delivered by Saturday from WA to CA (1000miles) for $350. Good price? How reliable are these shippers? I've never used this website and im very paranoid about being scammed. He has over 200 feedback, but i dont know how reliable these websites are. Should i try to get it for less?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.