Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just got this 2010 CBR 600 about 3 months ago. Rode like a freaking beast! And I love it! But it was stunted out and kind of looked like trash. I bought brand new fairings, headlight, and windscreen. Looks super clean now!
Just recently got to take it out again since I fixed everything up. Took off in the neighborhood and was riding fine. Right when I hit the main road I got on it a little and it stalled. Lol I thought I did it! And I was like man I guess I鈥檝e been away from bikes a little馃槀. Well I started it up again and took off fast because I was stuck in the middle of the road and it stalled again. Then realized it wasn鈥檛 me stalling馃槀. Rolled it to a neighborhood and rode it back home slowly.
When I got home I did some playing with it. In any gear the bike just stalls and completely cuts off probably 1K RPMs after you get into the powerband. So right around 5-6K. As soon as you let off the throttle it dies. I can ride it anywhere below that. I can have it in neutral and rev it and sounds good and doesn鈥檛 die. Only after I release the throttle once I hit the powerband.
Thinking it could be a fuel pump. But I would start it every so often in the 3 months. Also riding here and there when it wasn鈥檛 fully done. Lol I just had to. So I doubt it鈥檚 gummed up. But I did the headlight last on it. There wasn鈥檛 a headlight on their before when I bought it. So I鈥檓 thinking it could also be electrical like a fuse. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I鈥檒l check. I鈥檓 also going to try and ride it with the headlights disconnected to see if it鈥檚 something there. Appreciate the response!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I unplugged the headlights and it still does it. It doesn鈥檛 matter what gear. Just right when it hit 4-5RPMs it stalls.

Registered
interesting. usual culprits, check the injectors ae plugged in, check the coil/ignition system. maybe plugs are bad. they come with Irridum's standard because such a mission to replace and they should last you 50,000 miles ( you have remove radiator/coolant just to replace them that's why they put in the expensive irridums they are 100 US dollar to replace for 4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts