Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey 600rr.net family,
Some of you already know this, but 3 months ago this weekend my husband died as a result of injuries from a crash on Ortega Highway while riding.

http://www.socal-sportbikes.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=46790

http://www.sportbikeswest.com/general-sportbike-discussion/4826-my-husband-died-yesterday-ortega.html

I have been working a few angles but thought I would throw it out to you guys & see if you could help me to honor my husband. . . . I am bringing the Colin Edwards Arai helmet he was wearing and would like to have Colin sign it.

In December we spoke to Colin at the Cycle Show in Long Beach about getting his helmet signed. Colin was so sweet and gave us the info and I figured as we got closer to July we would have it signed. However our lives took a turn.

If any of you have a inside track to helping us achive this, please post up! I really would like to have this done in my husband honor.
Thank you!

(photo taken 2 weeks before the accident over Pines to Palm)

(Photo I took on Ortega 1 month prior)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Sorry to hear that about your husband. Your best bet to get Colin to sign the helmet is to catch him or one of his team members in the paddock. Colin's one of the more fan friendly guys on the tour, you should have no problem seeing him.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. :)

I have paddock passes but how far into the pits can I get with them?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Yup you'll need a paddock pass but it won't get you in the garage/pit lane. Only way to get in there is if you're invited by a team member. The paddock is the entire area behind the garages.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup you'll need a paddock pass but it won't get you in the garage/pit lane. Only way to get in there is if you're invited by a team member. The paddock is the entire area behind the garages.
Thats what I thought. :cwm21:

Does anyone know a team member?!?!!?

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
I'm doing a million searches and sending links to this thread to a million places that might have the ability to let him see it.

It's a long shot but I'm willing to do what I can, no matter how small.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm doing a million searches and sending links to this thread to a million places that might have the ability to let him see it.

It's a long shot but I'm willing to do what I can, no matter how small.

You are a star, thank you !!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

I even contacted Eric Bostrom! Eric replied and may be able to help, but if he is busy and I can't catch up with him on Thursday when I get to the area, I know of no other way. I needed to just keep asking until I can get a solid in to get this done.

Thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Colin is an awesome guy, he would totally do it. If Cizzle gets me into the VIP party and I see him I will mention it. (Oh please Cizzle get me into the VIP party!!!)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Colin is an awesome guy, he would totally do it. If Cizzle gets me into the VIP party and I see him I will mention it. (Oh please Cizzle get me into the VIP party!!!)
Thanks Disco! You have my cell number, so CALL ME!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Dawn, I Hope that you do et it signed! See if you could meet up with Sara. She prolly has an in w/ colin.. ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dawn, I Hope that you do et it signed! See if you could meet up with Sara. She prolly has an in w/ colin.. ;)
Thanks, I thought that one too! And already sent her a PM. :)
Good minds think alike!

I even emailed Eric Bostrom!!! I am trying everything!!!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'll get it done for you Dawn, let me know when you arrive at the track and I'll take your "best friend'" helmet and have The Man autograph it, no problem at all.

I'll either call you or you can call me before 6pm this evening and we'll talk.

Much love to your and your beautiful memories.

Sara

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll get it done for you Dawn, let me know when you arrive at the track and I'll take your "best friend'" helmet and have The Man autograph it, no problem at all.

Sara
Sara, you are Smart, beautiful, sexy and you have a huge heart of gold, thank you! I will call you tonight.

Thank you to everyone for helping and your ideas!!!! PLEASE stop and say Hi to me if you can. I would love to meet you guys!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thank you. :)

I have paddock passes but how far into the pits can I get with them?

Never Mind!
Dawn

I have a few friends working the event! Depending on where they are at I may be able to get you back there to his RV. 2 years ago I got lucky and my X girl friend was Collins umbella girl. I dont think she is doing that this year but I see. I give you an update tomorrow.

·
Registered
800 Posts

Sara
And the ms SARA WALKER comes in CLUTCH!:dancing2:

Dawn I hope you get your helmet signed

C

·
0 Posts
I have one at home that I can put up tonight. Dawn, It was great to meet you!

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Ya got it gurl ;-) It was a pleasure meetin you guys....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts