Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did my research first off

ok so heres the deal i have read the threads about wiring up the flush mounts and maybe needing a resistor etc.. mine are like this
u turn the bike on and then go for the signals and it will either stay on as in soild or after a couple of turning it off and on they will flash regular
so its either solid or -ok , this is with one flush mount on and one stock i wanted to see how it looked before i took the other one off any ideas help plz

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
i know that, and you know that, but the bike thinks it is. LED's pll a much smaller load than the bulbs do. which is why you need to wire a 10 ohm 55 watt resistor in parallel on each side, to increase the load. that way it's alot closer to what the stock bulbs would pull.

if i'm building my own LED cluster, i'll usually wire in a 100 ohm resistor in series per 3 LED's. then run parrallel series of 3 LED's up to a total of 9 per cluster, then more clusters of 9 if i need more light. but generally speaking, most aftermarket LED signals have a built in load, it just doesn't seem to be enough for our bikes.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
Ceph said:
gonna need the resistors. it thinks you have a bulb burned out.
it thinks you have a bulb burned out. key part to the phrase is it thinks, not what you know.

·
Registered
736 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts