Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds kinda ghay...but I have a biker fashion question.

I just bought a 2003 yellow RR. I'm thinking about getting all-blue pants, jacket and helmet. I guess I'm going for the U.S. Navy Blue Angels look. (I swear I'm not ghay...). :roll:

What do you guys think? What else goes well with a yellow bike? :lol2:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Where do you live, and when do you ride? Looks shouldn't be the determining factor when you buy gear (but it can't hurt).

I've got a nice leather jacket that I'm sure won't get much wear this summer, cause Florida is TOO Fin HOT! :D

At night I'm more concerned about people hitting me, so I stick with white leather, but other than that I'm all black (except jeans, I know, I know...).

- BB

C

·
0 Posts
welcome! you should do the "ARE you Gay test" in the coffee lounge.... LOL ...the blue should look fine.... You could paint your lowers blue to match!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
(I swear I'm not ghay...).
"Not that there's anything wrong with that." (Sorry, little Seinfeld humor there.) :lol2:

I don't see anything wrong with blue. Blue and yellow go well together. So does black. Even red would be OK. But not green. (Green and yellow...high school colors.)

I tend to view the riders who spend too much time worrying about color-matching every single part of their apparel and helmet with their bike as a bit poseur-y. (I guess that makes me a poseur too....see avatar. :lol2: ) So do what ya like. Your next bike may not necessarily be yellow after all.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
BLACK, all black, good choice on the yellow though. If you ever wondered how it would look without the stickers, check my member photos

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
blue or black or yellow... or any combo of those should look really good. i suggest sticking with black for the leather goods... for the simple fact is that black goes with any color... and later if you decide to sell the yellow rr (god forbid)... for a red 1000rr... you can still look stylish knowing your black gear won't clash with the red bike (do i sound too metro-sexual). you can go any wild color on the helmet.

off topic: i was the 3rd string safety (mostly on special teams) for my college football team (division 1-AA)... so hardly played much... rode the bench mostly. but my teammates would always tell me... it doesn't matter whether you play that much or not... as long as YOU LOOK GOOD on the sidelines. so i alway made sure my gear matched down to my gloves and mouthpiece... it helped with the ladies.

ride safe and enjoy... Nick - MRI

·
Registered
338 Posts
I hafe the Yellow onw as well, and I sport a Yellow and Black ICON jacket, Yellow and Black Gloves, and a yellow, black and Met. Grey (same color as lower) KBC helmet. Couldnt afford pants so I got a set of all black Chaps at a swap meet for 20$. Everyone I know says it looks good. Chaps are kinda out of place but they are comfortable. Wife says I look like a power ranger geared up. Yellow and black leathers look the best.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey I didnt say they werent gay, I just said they were comfortable. :****:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts