Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm taking a trip with my 69 yr old father. We're doing the coastline of Michigan, then up to Canada and back down the west coast. We'll take 7 or 8 days so we aren't in a hurry and can stop and enjoy the sights. First take a look at this list and see if I've left anything out. Second if you're from Michigan and you can think of anything along the coast I shouldn't miss let me know.

Clothing-----
8 pr socks
8 pr underwear
5 T-shirts
3 pr jeans
Sweat shirt
Rain gear
2 pr gloves
Joe Rocket jacket
Misc-----
Pen
GPS
Map
Small flashlight
Cellular communication-----
Cell phone
Cell phone holder
Cell charger
Camera-----
Camera
Camera charger
2 memory cards for camera
2 batteries for camera
Bike to Bike Communication-----
Chatterbox
MP3 player
8 AA batteries for music
8 AAA batteries for music
3 extra Chatterbox audio cords
Ziplock baggie (rain protection for Chatterbox)
1 extra Chatterbox mounting bracket
Hygiene and personal-----
Q-tips
Deodorant
Small bottle shampoo
Small tube toothpaste
Tootbrush
Small bottle advil
Prescriptions
Small can shaving cream
Razor
Paperwork-----
Driver’s license
Birth certificate/passport
Registration/Canadian insurance card
Emergency contact sheet
Motorcycle-----
Chain lube
Small Plexus
Micro fiber clothes
Small Honda polish

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
deputy963 said:
We'll take 7 or 8 days so we aren't in a hurry and can stop and enjoy the sights.
it sounds like you are ready to go. you have everything that is important, and even a little sandwich bag:hump:. I think something important would be a Tire guage.... unless you already have that on the bike??

recommend:
from experience if you are planning to take the 600RR, buy or do something about our Stiff furken seat! Riding for a long period of time on that seat will make your crack line begin to dissapear.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
yeah, that seat sucks....not that the one I use is any better though

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 quick recomendation, and i'm a newb so whadda i know, but after a several hour ride the other day i realized i needed to take a couple of rags with me.

1) to wipe of my sunglass
2) wipe of my forehead
3) wipe of my face shield

etc....

Since then i throw a small rag or two in my jacket pocket just to whip out when i need it. After a riding for a while and you stop, I'm sure you would like to have something to wipe things off with while taking a break.

Enjoy the trip ! And be safe !

·
Registered
131 Posts
I recommand that U bring a small Plug and Patch kit for Tire puncture.

Because on my longest trip to the States ( 3808 miles in 7 days) I got 2 nails on my rear tire while I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I didn't have any Patch Kit, so I had to wait 2 hours for the AAA towing. This made me lose alot of time (towing and changing tire at Honda Dealer )

For the next trip, the Patch and Plug kit is the first thing in my bag.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Funky_Leg said:
Because on my longest trip to the States ( 3808 miles in 7 days) I got...
544/day!!! Now that is some riding. Too bad you got held up for the tire thing. ;) You could have done some serious riding then.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
on my trip to Easy E's i had to take some stuff I thought I would need to camp outside (tent, bla bla but I ended passing out on the floor I dont know why I didnt forsee this) ne how I had crap strapped to my tail. Big mistake bc it kept shifting and falling off. I would invest in a nice set of bags, tank and tail. I have a set of tail bags for my trip to daytona this year and they even look nice bc they angle with the tail. Have a safe trip, take pics.

Yea and if you want a great place to ride, try Nova Scotia. best riding I have done yet

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nitro Junkie said:
1 quick recomendation, and i'm a newb so whadda i know, but after a several hour ride the other day i realized i needed to take a couple of rags with me.

1) to wipe of my sunglass
2) wipe of my forehead
3) wipe of my face shield

etc....
I have micro fiber cloths and plexus/honda polish

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jtworldwide2 said:
what side of Michigan are you going up, also where are you going into canada at?
We're heading up the west coast to Detroit/Dearborn on Sat. Spend Sun and the Ford museum and leave north on Monday!

Tire guage is always in the bike. I've got Givi bags, tail bag, and tank bags for my 600RR and my girlfriends F4i.

Here is a map. The pink(ish) lines are out intended route. We are staying as close to the water as possible!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spend some time at the bridge, there is some cool stuff up there, DO NOT GOTO THE MYSTERY SPOT:)
I see your coming back down the west side, traverse city is really neat, and that coast road up there is sweet, lots of twisties and hills. YOu know once you get to Muskegon on that road is kinda boring though, cant really see the water too much.
The locks are about the only thing in the UP you will check out, its kinda neat but not too exciting, of course i have been there quite a few times. If it was me, i would take the time to check out stuff in the UP more, like tequamanen falls and other such things that are not to far from your intended route. There are a lot of casios up there as well.
Couple words of advice, be careful in the UP with speeding. There are not a lot of cops up there, but 99% of the roads are 2 lane and 55 MPH. Everybody speeds but i have been the vicitim of 2 very ugly speeding tickets on US-2.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Dont' forget to take a towel. When traveling to new places it can be very handy to have a towel. Wanna get high?

Even more appropriate now that I look at your avatar! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts