Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 03 cbr 600rr....bike starts up and runs fine for about 5-10 seconds. After that the oil light kicks on and you can hear the engine run dry. I replaced the oil pump, checked out the strainer, and checked the pressure release valved. Anyone want to help me out here? What else can i check out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea brand new oil change. I'm going to try a new filter. I just bought the bike and the bastards that sold it to me had it overfilled by a few quarts. I'm guessing to cover up this problem.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
are you absolutely sure you have the right amount in because i had a similar problem, when there was not the correct amount of oil in my bike...

K

·
0 Posts
you've checked the switch and instrument-verified that you're not getting any pressure?

D

·
0 Posts
Overfilled by a few quarts? Not possible from my understanding. You can't even get that much oil into the thing to be over by a few quarts.

How much did you put in with the new oil change?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to do the pressure check today...i have to stop at the dealer and get the gauge and adapter..but how am i supposed to do the pressure check if i can't let the bike warm up?

I put 3.25 quarts of Rotella T 5w-40 when i did the oil change. I have a 5 quart pan that was completely empty....it overflowed.

K

·
0 Posts
I'm going to do the pressure check today...i have to stop at the dealer and get the gauge and adapter..but how am i supposed to do the pressure check if i can't let the bike warm up?
If you've got zero pressure at start up, chances are high you're going to have zero pressure at warm up. you don't need to let the bike warm to know there's pressure there.

See if you can rent one...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright i did the oil pressure test....At startup i have a rough idle and it jumps back and forth from 0-10 psi....i did rev it up to 6k and i was getting about 40 psi...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea it supposed to be like 70 @ 6k i believe?.....do you have any suggestions? Lower end? New engine?

K

·
0 Posts
donno. It's loosing serious pressure somewhere. could be as simple as a ginormous air bubble somewhere that just wont budge. doubtful though.

you're going to have to tear into it to find the issue i think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts