Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I need your help!! I was in a crash just over 6 months ago and now I'm trying to rebuild my bike. Need to know how to replace my left clip on cause it is most likely bent! I order a newier one and it's on it's way. So does anyone know how I can replace it? Is there like a diy? Or can anyone with experience help a member out please. I live in the OC area in CA. Any replay will help thanks everyone!

·
Registered
159 Posts
1.Remove the screws from the switch housing.
2.remove the screw from the bar weight. at the tip of the bar.
3.remove grip. May have to put a soapy water between grip and bar.
4.loosen the clutch leverpinch bolt.
5. Disconnect clutch switch.
6.remove the steering stem nut and top bridge. Nut is the large one at center top of forks.
7.remove the bar from fork tube by loosening pinch bolts. then slid clutch lever off bar.

This is if your bike is an 05 or newer and if you have stock bars.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Not sure what kind of replacement clip on you got but you may also need to drill a small hole in the clip on to match up with the notch prodruding from the switch hosuing. Once you take off the original clip on you'll see what I mean. Never done a clip on swap on my bike but have done it on other bikes and all of them have always had a hope to properly line up the switch assembly as well as to ensure that it doesnt twist around on the clip on. It's a very straighforward process.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am replacing oem with oem, my bike is an 08 600rr! I've taken off the bar end, grip, switch controler, and the clutch perch, I'm down to just removing and then renstalling new one as soon as I get it! Is this something I can do by my self? Or do I need help? Please tell me I don't have to take it in somewhere to get it done! If I need help can anyone help me out in a week? If not please keep postng info for me to learn! Thanks again ppl! U guys rock!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts