Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went down at Buttonwillow a few weeks ago and low sided on my left side. I think Riverside was a little slick, anyways, ever since the low side, whenever i turn left, it almost feels as though the bike is fighting me. The bike doesnt seem to turn in as easy to the right now. I took my bike to RG3 suspension to have them take a look at the forks, and they said everything was still straight and true. So after being frustrated, i figured it had to be the left Clip-on. I can't visually notice anything different, but there are huge rash marks on the left bar-end, hinting that there may be bend that i cant see, therefore effecting my steering? Just wanted to hear everyones thoughts on what they think it could be. Thanks in advance, and if it is my clip-on, then which ones would you recommend i get. Vortex, Driven, Renthals?

D

·
0 Posts
Did you ever readjust your clip-ons after the crash, or make sure that you had them lined up properly after having the forks removed for them to be checked for straightness?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope didnt really have the guys at the suspension shop look at the clip ons. I figured since theres a pin on the oem clip ons, that they wouldnt be able to be adjusted and that they were bent.

D

·
0 Posts
Pins or not, they can still be moved away from the stock position. Did you check the location of everything after the shop pulled your forks off to confirm that things are right?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i did a visual inspection, but i didnt have the guys at the shop inspect the clip ons.
Its hard to explain. I can still ride fine, but when i lean in left, the bike just doesnt feel like it does when i go right.

D

·
0 Posts
Forget about the clip-ons being inspected. When they took the forks off of your bike to check that they are straight, did they put the clip-ons back in the correct location? Did they even take the forks off the bike?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont know if they took the forks off the bike, i dropped the bike off and came back about 4 hours later. They said they loosened all the steering stem bolts and let the forks settle or something like that. They also said they rotated the forks in the stem to see if there was any variations, and there werent.

D

·
0 Posts
That's not how you check for forks to be straight, but the fact that they loosened things up and rotated the forks, just goes to show that unless you checked and adjusted the clip-ons, they will not be in the same position.

Loosen the clip-ons and adjust them to where you need them. Use the center of the fuel tank as a guide to measure that both sides are the same.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
if it was you should only have to replace the lower. i think you can have the stem pressed out and a different pressed in if you had to though. upper should be fine though.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
It's more than likely you've bent the frame. Really not a huge deal as it is easy to have that checked and fixed. There are a few frame shops in SoCal but you have to prep the bike in fact I just got mine done not too long ago. PM me if you want more info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts