Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to replace the frame sliders on my 03rr as they're shaved to SH#%T from the previous owner. so my problem is I can't get one off, only one slider has a nut at the end. whenever I try to losen the bolt from the side that doesn't have a nut, it gets tighter? pretty sure they aren't reverse thread....... this doesn't make sense? the bolt is bent pretty bad on one side and it doesn't want to get any looser, I feel like if I try harder it'll just strip out the threads in the frame. I was really trying enough to where the bike was starting to slide and lift off the ground so it's not weakness for sure. any suggestions? please don't post if you can't help. if you have any good ideas or experiences then please post.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Can you post up a pic of the issue? I am having a bit of trouble envisioning what your describing. What brand sliders are they?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I recall having the same problem. I didn't realize that the engine bolt used to mount the slider can't be undone until you loosen the pinch bolt. Maybe this is what's giving you trouble?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts