Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, that doesnt look right...mine has two rubber pieces that cradle the bottom of the forks and lift it right up. I'd be afraid to use that, it looks like the bike will fall right off. Hope you didnt get ripped off...

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
yeah.. not sure if u can see the little rubber things that are under my forks but that is what lifts her up and keeps it stable.... yours looks like someone welded it together and threw hindle stickers on it... does hindle even make stands?

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
that sucks!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey look i found this pic, still i have no idea how you would get the bike up on it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not that hard guys. See the piece that sits a little higher that the flat plate? That goes in the hole on the bottom of your forks, then just lift like a normal stand.
This used to be the way that all front stands were made, that pivoting method is MUCH better but this is less likely to slip. DO NOT SIT ON YOUR BIKE WITH THIS STAND, you can with the other types but this on can jack you junk up.

OK that hole on the bottom of the forks is a litle to the rear of center is a little smaler that you "pinkie finger". Tha tis the way it is on both my 2005 Race Bikes and my 06 Race bikes, so you should be good to go

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
My stands have adjustable bolts that stick out. You can adjust how high they sit and they slip into the hollows at the end of the forks. The set pictured above i'd be leary about sitting on the bike with those. The bolts on mine prodrude farther and its pretty sturdy.

N

·
0 Posts
joe_rocket65 said:
The set pictured above i'd be leary about sitting on the bike with those. The bolts on mine prodrude farther and its pretty sturdy.
Are you referring to the stand I posted or the initial post?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, that stand seems kinda sketchy. The hindle rear stand seems to work fine. I think im just gonna pick up a new front stand.

Anyone know how to get a small scratch out of a silver front fender?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts