Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this came in a box with no direction and my bike has after market blinkers, did the whole int tail light because it melted the wiring to the blinkers, really stumped here, I have a green, black/yellow, red, black, yellow all from the tail light, now for the right side I have a green and orange wire? Left I think black and yellow now I have a plug that came with the light with red green and black on it. And 2 ceramic pieces with wire ends got to get this done help me out!! Please

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Sounds like a CA taillight by the color wires. The white things are sandstone resistors this will slow your signal flash rate if installed, you can follow the diagram on the bag they send them in or go to the site Clearalternatives.com

Orange is your left turn signal. Orange wire in the plug is the positive
The green wire in the same connection is the ground. You don't need this WIre.

Blue connection is your right signal. Same thing, blue is the positive and green is the negative.

Make sure you line up the connection before attempting to connect them, they are plastic and can damage easily

White connection:
Black wire on the white plug is ground (negative from your tag light)
Running light/ tag light is white/black wire (positive from your tag light)
Brake light is the yellow/black wire

If you want to attach the tag light to the volar taillight the
White wire is the running light (Positive from the tag light)
Red wire is the brake light
Black wire is the ground (Black from the tag light)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I got it from a guy on here and I got nothing but what I said the right side is on a plug with a green and orange wire extension? So which goes where I hooked the yellow from the light up to orange nothing. No tag light just the left blinker and right and brake I need to hook up, from the light I got red black green yellow and yellow/black and from the bike I got green green yellow and black tan and my left signal is yellow and black?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yellow on the taillight. One goes to orange, other goes to blue wire "signals".. The green wires on your signals you don't need to work with the taillight. Black on the taillight is ground. red is running and green is brake. If you don't have a plug for these then hardwire in to the color wires I give you in the post above. T

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
White connection:
Black wire on the white plug is ground (black wire on light)
Running light/ tag light is white/black wire (red wire on light)
Brake light is the yellow/black wire (green wire on taillight )

Yellow goes to orange wire
yellow/black goes to blue wire
You will have green wires left over on the signals, you don't need them.
If nothing then check your fuse under your seat, or wire black to ground and red to + this will show the unit is working or not.. T

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
hey man yah that was me that sold you that tail light, it is a CA tail, fallow T's instructions he is real good at this stuff

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i ended up going on a 7 mos deployment so i never got around till now... last minute because i have to retake my course tomorrow, to ride on base, retake every 3 yrs. suxs ass, yeah you definately rule trip because i had an EM1 buddy and he was stumped.thanks again, going out to gve it another go.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to go thanks to trip, I owe u big time man!! Hey you want to tell me how to hook up the third eye I got from u awhile back?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
plug n play? Remove the lens and plug it in...
Knight rider? remove the lens/bulb and gray socket. Run the led wires through the headlight housing and plug into control board.. Take white plug and connect to gray plug, turn the key on, if it doesn't light up turn key off and remove white plug and spin 180 degrees turn key back on.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks yeah I couldn't get it to work I will spin it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts