Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some help trying to get my CBR running

So I got a 95 CBR600f3 I did the timing chain an it won't start now I did take the whole motor out of the bike an I cleaned the whole motor up did the timing an put in back into the bike I thought I did it wrong so I did the timing again now I have done the timing like 6 times now an it still just does not want to start it's trying to start tho you can hear it bout then it will fuild an backfire

Anyone able to help me out I'm just hoping the bike is not badly missed up

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome. I don't know if you ended up getting this fixed, but, if you're backfiring when trying to start then the engine is out of time. You're probably best to take it to a shop and save yourself a lot of time and headaches not to mention irreversible engine damage.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Make sure you have all your coil-wires connected back up in proper sequence. Does it start with full-choke?

How long was it sitting since it last ran? Petrol most likely dried uo and clogged carbs. Probably needs complete disassembly down to every last nut, bolt and individual component. Then everything thoroughly scrubbed with PEA-based fuel-system cleaner. Spray carb-cleaners no longer work due to removal of chlorinated compounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts