Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am still new to all this so please dont flame. I did try a forum search but did not find sufficient information on this thus far.

First the easy question, I want to buy a hyper flo slip on exhaust because it is relatively loud and I think I will like it. However, many forum members have said that the FE kit that comes with it has a really bad tail light thats not very visible and the last thing I want to do is be rear ended from an idiot driver who doesnt see that I am braking. Therefore, I was thinking of getting the tripage integrated tail light. They have 2 options, 1 with the blinkers and 1 without. Does anyone know if this tail light will fit with the hyperflo FE kit? Is it also true that the tripage is MUCH MUCH more visible/brighter than the one that comes with the hyperflo? Also, for those that have seen the integrated blinkers, are they visible enough to other drivers? I am not sure if I want to keep the hyperflo blinkers or erase them and make them integrated into the tail light... any opinions would be appreciated.

Now the harder question. I want to mod my front lights because I hate its current look and I am sick of hearing "hey one of your head lights is out" (even though Ive only had the bike a few weeks). I want to do something like this with the audi LEDs:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9504/img8271y.jpg

However, is is possible to have those halo eyes act as HID lights to illuminate the road in front of you while keeping the LEDs on? I have a 2010 camaro as well with halos which are for cosmetics only so I assume these are the same, so how can I make them functional while keeping a cool look? I dont want to use it if it is just for show as I want to actually be able to see at night. Lastly, and most importantly, is there any possible way to do this AND KEEP MY HIGH BEAMS? I do drive on some dark roads occasionally and I really need them...

If you could point me to a thread that I may have missed, or offer some insight, again I would appreciate it...:ciao:

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
106 Posts
For the headlight mods you have a couple options. The Audi style LEDs can be done fairly easily and hopefully someone will post a link since I'm on my phone. But for the hids and halos you can either have the halos seperate and just use the hid bulbs and have them operate normally. ( 1 on and 2 for high) or you could do a projector retrofit with either built in or separate halos. Or lastly you can get a little creative and go with a bi- xenon projector set up and aim both lights the same and use the high/low function in the projector instead of 1 on and 2 for high.
I have did any of these mods to my rr yet so somebody who has should be able to give you a bit more guidance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the headlight mods you have a couple options. The Audi style LEDs can be done fairly easily and hopefully someone will post a link since I'm on my phone. But for the hids and halos you can either have the halos seperate and just use the hid bulbs and have them operate normally. ( 1 on and 2 for high) or you could do a projector retrofit with either built in or separate halos. Or lastly you can get a little creative and go with a bi- xenon projector set up and aim both lights the same and use the high/low function in the projector instead of 1 on and 2 for high.
I have did any of these mods to my rr yet so somebody who has should be able to give you a bit more guidance
ok I hate to say this but Im still confused as I am completely new to electrical lighting on stuff. So:

-how would I have the halos/HIDs separate? this means I would need a custom switch to turn each on? If I had the Halos and HIDs on at the same time woudl you even notice the halos?, where would the audi LED light switch be or thats automatic? How do Hi-beams factor into this?

And what exactly is a bi-xenon projector set up?
thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
ok I hate to say this but Im still confused as I am completely new to electrical lighting on stuff. So:

-how would I have the halos/HIDs separate? this means I would need a custom switch to turn each on? If I had the Halos and HIDs on at the same time woudl you even notice the halos?, where would the audi LED light switch be or thats automatic? How do Hi-beams factor into this?

And what exactly is a bi-xenon projector set up?
thanks
You would have the halos/HIDs run on a seperate switch, basic on off toggle. The halos are more of an appearance thing, so driving at you with HID's running, you wouldn't really notice the halo. More of a parked or daytime flare. The audi LED's are a strip of LED lights, you could wire them into the same switch as the halo's, or run another switch (easier to just wire them to the halo's, white to white, black to black). http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=182756&highlight=halo High-beams would still run the same, one light on, two for highs. Now the high is adjustable (both lights run a basic H7 bulb, just different angle) but you've said you need the high for night riding so I wouldn't play with that.
Here is another link with the bi-xenon setup.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=139093&highlight=halo

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I had an intergraded tail light before going track only, I found the blinkers to be more than sufficient. A friend of mine has the Tripage tail light with the blinkers and when I am driving behind him day or night all functions of the light running, brake, and blinkers are very visible.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh and on the tail light topic, integrated rear lights are harder to see on the 09 (using a fender eliminator) unless you get an LED brake light. Put one on mine (non led) and unless its a little dark out its really hard to see. Tripage makes nice stuff. If you just want to get rid of the side blinkers and not take out the whole fender, Rumble concept makes nice lights. http://www.rumbleconcept.com/product_undertail_details.php?id=178

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.