Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've noticed an issue while attempting to power shift. I notice when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th, the range where I get a smooth shift is between 5-6K RPM. Whenever I shift at a higher RPM 10-13K(that's with re-adjusting the throttle just a little notch), one of two things happen:

1. The shifter is stuck HARD and doesn't shift.

OR

2. I shift, but it comes with a huge jolt!

What am I doing wrong here? I'm trying to time it, but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Would I be able to power shift at higher RPMs smoothly? Thanks

E

·
Registered
901 Posts
by power shifting do you mean without the clutch ??

if so you need to back out of the throttle a lil and bang the $hit out of it . then instantly right back on the throttle ..

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I do mean clutchless. Sorry.

Normally I don't need to gang the ish out of it! Sometimes, I tap it and it slips right into the next gear. I will try that though. Thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
the sweet spot is right where you line up the revs with were they should be in the next gear ... you can also downshift clutchless by opening the throttle a little bit to match the revs of where it would be in the lower gear ..its basically rev matching weather its upshifting or downshifting

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Are you accelerating or just sitting there at 11000 rpm? If you are just sitting there, it is much harder to upshift without the clutch. If you are accelerating (WFO - shift - WFO) it shifts much more easily.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you accelerating or just sitting there at 11000 rpm? If you are just sitting there, it is much harder to upshift without the clutch. If you are accelerating (WFO - shift - WFO) it shifts much more easily.
No, I am accelerating. Normally, from 1st to 2nd, I engage the clutch. For every gear thereafter, it's clutchless. When I take 2nd gear to 11K, and shift around that mark, it feels as though the shifter is 'locked' and won't shift, even when I let off the throttle a tad. It's weird.

E

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
its all about the throttle blip!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its all about the throttle blip!
So how can that be measured? Do you blip less as youre going up gears? (i.e. 2nd-6th)

·
Registered
166 Posts
i clutchless all the time, the problem you are having is timing, it has to be just right to be smooth keep practicing!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm really proud to say that I have almost mastered powershifting (well not really master, but you know what I mean :p) It feels so much better. I blip in accordance with revs. It's amazing!

Anyhow, thanks for all the advice!

E

1 - 13 of 13 Posts