Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime ago I installed SS lines on my 08 RR. Today was the first time I was able to take my bike for a test spin. I noticed that my rear brakes are not "grabbing" like they did before I changed my lines.

I re-bleed my lines and It seems as if I have all the air removed.

I have a thought as what could be my problem.

When doing the change over and bleeding the lines I got brake fluid on my rotor and pads. The rear rotor do have a greasy feel to it.

Could this be the cause of my rear brake trouble?? If so, can I use brake cleaner to fix it??

Thanks

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
Sometime ago I installed SS lines on my 08 RR. Today was the first time I was able to take my bike for a test spin. I noticed that my rear brakes are not "grabbing" like they did before I changed my lines.

I re-bleed my lines and It seems as if I have all the air removed.

I have a thought as what could be my problem.

When doing the change over and bleeding the lines I got brake fluid on my rotor and pads. The rear rotor do have a greasy feel to it.

Could this be the cause of my rear brake trouble?? If so, can I use brake cleaner to fix it??

Thanks
A quick once over with brake cleaner might do the trick but it really depends on how contaminated the pads are. If it doesn't work, and the problem's pretty bad, you might be looking at new rear pads.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
A quick once over with brake cleaner might do the trick but it really depends on how contaminated the pads are. If it doesn't work, and the problem's pretty bad, you might be looking at new rear pads.
Exactly. Brake fluid could easily saturate the pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts