Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm finally moving back to Southern California (from N. Cal) and I need some help figuring out how to get my bike back home. I would love to ride the 400 mi but, to be honest it looks like rain and I don't want to chance it.

:?: So, my question is have any of you used a U-Haul truck (Rynder, Penske, etc.) and trailer to transport your bikes? I don't have a truck, I don't want to drive back to N. Cali with an empty trailer (U-Haul makes you return their motorcycle trailers from the place you rented the trailer/truck), and last but most important I don't want to damage my bike. Can our bikes be towed on the trailer's for cars? What do I need to do to make sure I don't leave my bike on the highway (Straps, etc)? And finally can someone explain the safest way to strap it down? :?:

Thanks for your advice in advance.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi,

Call me at the store... and I can give you a few options based on my experience. I had to do the same thing when I lived in the Bay Area and moved back to So. Cal.

Later... Nick - MRI

Dunong said:
Well, I'm finally moving back to Southern California (from N. Cal) and I need some help figuring out how to get my bike back home. I would love to ride the 400 mi but, to be honest it looks like rain and I don't want to chance it.

:?: So, my question is have any of you used a U-Haul truck (Rynder, Penske, etc.) and trailer to transport your bikes? I don't have a truck, I don't want to drive back to N. Cali with an empty trailer (U-Haul makes you return their motorcycle trailers from the place you rented the trailer/truck), and last but most important I don't want to damage my bike. Can our bikes be towed on the trailer's for cars? What do I need to do to make sure I don't leave my bike on the highway (Straps, etc)? And finally can someone explain the safest way to strap it down? :?:

Thanks for your advice in advance.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Get a canyon dancer strap....after having one, I can't imagine ever using just regular straps again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts