Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 09 zx6r with a two brothers exhaust and a pcv power commander, here recently in the past few months it doesnt want to stay running all the time. When the bike gets warmed up it starts idling rough and eventually dies. We were coming to work tonight and just in a half mile stretch it died four times. Do any of you guys have an idea of what may be going on or should he just take it to a shop? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 09 zx6r with a two brothers exhaust and a pcv power commander, here recently in the past few months it doesnt want to stay running all the time. When the bike gets warmed up it starts idling rough and eventually dies. We were coming to work tonight and just in a half mile stretch it died four times. Do any of you guys have an idea of what may be going on or should he just take it to a shop? Any advice is appreciated.
fuel injected?
anything new with done like HIDS?
DO they have kick stand kill switch?
check battery connections?
Fuses?

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Yes, he should take it into a shop and trade it in for a CBR!!!!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Lol i said the samething but he never listens to me. Ill have him check those things thanks guys
Well you are a good friend then, your homie is a bad listeners.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Glad people are still trying to help. I saw the title and expected a bunch of take it to the ninja forums lol. We are a good group of dudes when we aren't on the rag:crackup:

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
I guess ill be helpful too lol

09+ kawisaki rectifier/regulator recall

Kawasaki is recalling certain Ninja ZX-10R and Ninja ZX-6R models due to a possibly faulty regulator/rectifier. The potential number of units affected is about 20,544.

The recall involves certain 2008-to-2011 ZX-10R models and 2009-to-2012 ZX-6R models manufactured from Dec. 14, 2007, through July 26, 2011.

Due to a manufacturing error, the regulator/rectifier may insufficiently charge the battery. If the battery discharges, the motorcycle may stall without warning.

Kawasaki will notify owners, and dealers will replace the voltage regulator for free. The recall is expected to begin on or about Feb. 27. Owners may contact Kawasaki at 949-770-0400.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright ill have him make sure he doesnt have the recall and if he does im betting thats the problem. Again thanks everybody for your help. If he would have been smart and bought a CBR we wouldnt be having this problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:+1:

haha but it could also be alternator as stated or something in the cooling system, does it have a temp guage? an 09 cbr would have...(had to throw that in) if it's heading up way past 110 Celcius and no fan or cooling is kicking in then it's overheating check the radiator is good and the whole cooling system is cycling etc

alternator should be quite obvious though it'll barely ride at all and make clicking noises and not start...sounds like your starting it fine so i'd go for cooling....but what ink said sounds plausible, honda sorted problems like that in the 90's...:cruising: i had to battle that on a 1988 honda sportbike...they usually sorted it by using a bigger bikes alternator...but on an 09 bike you shouldn't be having that problem so again as already said, could be something he's wired wrong if he's done anything himself on the bike

*cough* i turn my bike on first time everytime no problems *cough*...got a bad cold sorry...*splutter* oo some green ****...i must have eaten some kawasaki instead of my fruit loops :D

BMW S1000RR - Engine recall
Kawasaki ZX*R's - Rectifier recall

Honda - Oh sorry i'm too busy riding without fail...YEA HOW'S YOUR BIKES 'CHARACTER' WORKING FOR YOU NOW!!!!!!!!
Haha rotflmao i tell him that stuff all the time since his has been giving him problems, i always tell him you should have bought a honda and you wouldnt have these problems.

As far as the cooling system he says it dies at random temps like sometimes it will be at 170 and other times it will be at 190 he says it just depends. And not to stick up for kawasucky or anything but it does have a temp guage.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad people are still trying to help. I saw the title and expected a bunch of take it to the ninja forums lol. We are a good group of dudes when we aren't on the rag:crackup:
Yea i was afraid of that after i posted. I told my buddy that he is going to get flamed for posting on the .net since he doesnt have a honda but theres not alot of people on the zx6r.net. You guys have been alot of help on this and my bike thanks alot very appreciative

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts