Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I was trying to switch out my handgrips but could not get the stock ones off. 2nd when I realized I could not get the stock handgrips off I tried putting my bar ends back on the bike. I lined the lip up on the bar end opppsite the lip on the clip-on so that they would lock on to each other when tightening up the screw--but to my suprise the bar end just keeps spinning even though the two lips have lock onto each other. So how do I remove the stock handgrips and is there a special way to keep the bar end from spinning :?:

Sorry about the rant

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey man, first of all get you some hair spray, and spray some on the inside of the grip, you might half to pry a little bit up on the grip to be able to spray the hair spray in there. Then take a air hose and spray air under the grip where you just put the hair spray. while spraying air in there just pull the grip off. if you need some more info e-mail me at [email protected]

hope you under stand that good luck man

·
Registered
26 Posts
The bar ends spin cause the way Honda dampens the vibration is kinda unique, type of floating rubberized insert they use won't fall out, but it will spin. If it bothers you that much put a dab of silocone in there to tie it together. By the way the grips are indeed glued on,either cut them off, or pull em off, you will need to take your panties off first though. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Sorry had to through that in.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Take the bar ends off, spray some WD-40 up inside the grips with the little straw, then take a screwdriver and stick it under the grips, move the screw driver aroundthe whole grip then slide the grip off, Clean the plactic part that the grips go onto. Spray some hairspray in the the new grips, slide them on, they will dry and not move around at all after a few minutes. Put on the barends with a little bit of lock tite (blue kind), and yes they will spin if you try to turn them.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

I got the harris grips, They feel great to me. Fit in my hands well. It has lines on the back of the grip for extra gril and a bump that fits between your thumb and index finger. I had another set of grips before these that were awesome. They said RR on them and were 2 tone rubber but the RR keps peeling and I had to glue it back on all the time. But they looked awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts