Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so i have a question. it seems like my bike cbr600rr rides great on the street. took it on the highway and it started dying/shutting off as soon as i go from 1st to 2nd gear, anyone know what can b wrong? it died on me like 4 times, as soon as i got off the highway it drove normal again. lol so is it me or the bike that doesnt like the highway? :(

·
Registered
991 Posts
Need a little more detailed explanation, that sounds really weird. Does it happen the moment you shift or just while in 2nd at some point? When you saying dieing do you mean feels like its out of gas and slowly dieing or like you hit the kill switch and its just off? Maybe you could get a video of it? Off highway the bike rides fine through all the gears?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need a little more detailed explanation, that sounds really weird. Does it happen the moment you shift or just while in 2nd at some point? When you saying dieing do you mean feels like its out of gas and slowly dieing or like you hit the kill switch and its just off? Maybe you could get a video of it? Off highway the bike rides fine through all the gears?

it dies right away as soon as i switch to 2nd. i just dont get how it dies while im actually riding, at first i thought maybe im stalling it but is that possible to stall it while going like 40-50mph and it dies instantly :banghead: and off highway it rides no problem.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are you in first on the highway?

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
haha thats as soon as i entered the highway of the ramp. :D put it to second and it shut off tried to turn it back on while rolling on first gear wouldn't start till i came to a stop kicked out the kickstand and tried it again. off highway all gears work fine.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Dude the only thing I can think of is operator error. Machines dont care what road they are on, its a machine. Unless some dude standing on the highway has a sci fi gun from the future that disables vehicles and you pissed him off, Im stumped lol. Maybe grab a camera and try to replicate it on video. You are sure you arent hitting the killswitch or that your kickstand is securely in the up position (kickstand has a killswitch on it too).

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill take it for a ride today. C how it acts. It might b something with the kick stand cuz it wouldnt start till i put it down and kicked it back up. Maybe loose wire kill switch idk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude the only thing I can think of is operator error. Machines dont care what road they are on, its a machine. Unless some dude standing on the highway has a sci fi gun from the future that disables vehicles and you pissed him off, Im stumped lol. Maybe grab a camera and try to replicate it on video. You are sure you arent hitting the killswitch or that your kickstand is securely in the up position (kickstand has a killswitch on it too).
Hey can it b that it needs an oil change would that have anything to do with it. Cuz idk when the previous owner changed it. Im waiting on my filters to come in so i can change it just so i know it has clean fresh oil.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
and no it cant be the oil, and after i read your kickstand thing above yea thats it. Get a new one or jump past it. Either or. Id get a new one, but jump it until it arrives . That is def it

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and no it cant be the oil, and after i read your kickstand thing above yea thats it. Get a new one or jump past it. Either or. Id get a new one, but jump it until it arrives . That is def it
but how come it works fine on the street? another thing is i wiped out on a turn rear wheel slipped minor damage just road rash, but my buddy said after a bikes been laid on its side it acts up thats y he said it acted up on the highway. but im gonna check the wire from the kick stand maybe somethings wrong there.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The wreck might have knocked something loose and when you get on the throttle it is enough force to move whatever is loose causing it to short and kill the bike. You could try getting on the freeway slowly. Accelerate like you're in the city, not a bat out of hell. However the wind from the high speeds could be pushing a worn wire into another or something weird like that.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
im havn't worked with the bas' on these bikes yet. havnt had a bad one. But since you crashed , it could be something with that. And it would do it at highway speeds with the kickstand due to the speeds, and bumps combo

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
took it on the streets yesterday drove fine, gonna do an oil change thur or fri ill check out the kickstand, on a side note anyone going to check out moto gp in indianapolis this sunday?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
and also the only bikes that act up after crashed are the ones that werent repaired right. People crash everyday at the track and go back the next week with the same bike just fixed correctly. Anything can be fixed, just whether its done right.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and also the only bikes that act up after crashed are the ones that werent repaired right. People crash everyday at the track and go back the next week with the same bike just fixed correctly. Anything can be fixed, just whether its done right.
no i ment like it acted up right away.. i wiped out picked it back up and went to the highway. lol:banger:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
no i ment like it acted up right away.. i wiped out picked it back up and went to the highway. lol:banger:
yea exactly my point. lol Oil and stuff drains to places it shouldnt and all kinds of stuff. Always inspect after a crash before starting it back up to narrow it down in case it doesnt start and to prevent damage if you can. but im still saying kick stand. Start it up and bounce on it real hard sitting on the seat. that might help you out. do a little roughness test on it, just nothing stupid

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took it from chicago to indianapolis for the moto gp rode it no problem. I guess it was just cuz of the drop. Thanks tho

1 - 20 of 23 Posts