Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in a fully equipped machine shop (water jet, cnc haas mill, cnc haas lathe) and need some ideas of parts that I can produce. I want to make parts that people will buy and know they are getting a good product. So far I have:

-Adjustable Levers
-Adjustable Rearsets
-Mirror Block Off Plates
-Camera Brackets

I want to stay away from less profitable items such as frame sliders, spools, stands, FE kits because of the large variety out there already.

I am an engineering student currently and my uncle is the president/M.E. here where we do lots of prototype/design work.

So what do you guys think as far as parts go?

D

·
0 Posts
There's already a decent market for those 3 of those things. Camera brackets are best to be do-it-yourself things because of how many cameras there are out there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick replies. I really like the rear set idea because once I have a design and a program to make it then we can sell them for much less. I want to make parts that are good quality but much more affordable than the competition.

I realize that many people have the same idea of making parts, but like you said, they never do. I want to carry this plan out.

·
Rizoma King
485 Posts
...some ideas... (not to sure how profitable they would be though...)

#1) See if you can make custom mirror plate adapters so we can fit the 1KRR integrated signal mirrors (or other integrated signal mirrors, such as the Gixxers'...) on our 600RRs without any drilling.

#2) Make a good quality GP rear brake relocator (similar to the CARROZZERIA GP Brembo rear brake relocator)

Cheers mate.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
oof, you might be taking on a lot of insurance liability if you just start randomly making rearsets for people.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Have always wanted to tackle this. Make a throttlemeister smaller than the one they have. This would be nice for those long rides. Something different than everyday items. T

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to start with the adjustable rear sets. I certainly dont want a lawsuit, but we have been engineering much more critical items for a long time. I will definitely keep everyone updated with drawings so I can get your input. Thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts