Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I laid down my 08 cbr600rr graffiti 2 weeks ago at nite when i hit some gravel in a turn at low speed. I was out in the counrty north of Atlanta GA. The damage was minor cosmetic, the sliders, spools and rear subframe cage helped alot. pastics on left side, and stator cover, some small scratches on the swing arm from gravel. I rode the bike home about 6 miles. I called and made a claim. They sent an adjuster out to look at it, the guy walked around the bike for about 3 mins then left. The next day i got a call fromt the insurance saying the bike is a total loss with 6800 in damages. They will not let me send it to a shop for a estimate. The insurance guy said that "i cant send it to a shop to get an estimate because the adjuster already deemed it a total loss, it is what it is". The guy is very rude and seems like he is pissed off at me every time i talk to him. He valued my bike at 5600 and some change, and refuses to give me a salvage buy back price. It seems to me that he is trying to screw me. I have not agreeded to or signed anything and he already has a company blowing up my phone trying to pick up my bike. Can anyone give me some advice in what to do?. Can I just tell him to piss off and cancel the claim and drop the insurance company??? I have never had any problems with an insurance company like this any advice would be helpful

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you mean like drop and get another insurance company? That won't work at all. The paperwork is already done for the when you had the wreck and the claim. Another company isn't going to cover a bike that was wrecked prior to you having a policy with them. I'm not sure why you would want to drop them...

Sorry for the double post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What they offered for pay off i would be in the hole for 1000.00 to fully pay off my loan. I wanted to know if I could say screw you your not totaling my bike out when it only has around 1400 in damages, and just drop insurance with them. Then fix out of pocket. Is that somthing that you can do?

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
salvage101 how hard is it to get a salvage title switched to a rebuilt title?

I know this isnt directed at me, but I have some info for you,

you should call the dmv and see if it is even possible, then a shop would need to sign off on it, first place to start is the DMV,

ask your insurance how much they would sell you the bike back for, and see if its worth it, you could always part it out, or sell it whole as a salvage bike the way it is, and get out of your loan,

good luck bro!!!

or track it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whoa this sounds like my story with a worse ending.

A week ago another 600rr member rear ended me, I have a 09 Phoenix
Just some plastics, 1 scratch on a rim, 1 scratch on the swingarm, & strat cover, etc

HE put in the claim (I was gonna let him give me money to fix it) but it worked out

The claims adjuster came to my house cause they didnt want me to drive the bike (totally could have been driven) & I showed him what I knew was damaged. I told him I would prefer if it wasnt totaled out and he said he would take off some damage for me so it didnt hit that point.

The total amount of damages they put on my bike is $5300 and the claims adjuster was really nice. At $5800 it would have been totaled. So basically I get paid half the price I paid for the bike new.

The company I had to deal with was Progressive
Sorry to hear about your ******* of a claims adjuster.

·
Registered
82 Posts
pics of my esitmate

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow that sounds like you are dealing with a real ahole. I would see if there is anyone else at the insurance company that you could talk to. Sounds like he may have a vested interest in your bike somehow. Also, calling the dmv is going to be a real good call as well. Hopefully those people are nicer and more knowledgeable than the people here in IL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if he walks around the bike for a few minutes then says it is a total loss when you know for a fact that it is not, mean that HE will try and buy the bike from the company and probably try to sale it himself..looks to me like he is just trying to pull one over on someone. Call them punks back, tell them you want to cancel the claim and just fix it yourself, then they can't make your insurance go up any higher. if the claim is not put through the system it will not be on your record. ive done this before but with a truck :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
insurance

I use to work in claims. You do not have to use your insurance. You can have the claim closed and drop your carrier. You can fix it out of your own money, that is your right. However, this claim is filed, and it is more than likely an "at fualt collision". With this being said the new company you choose to go with may hike your rates due to the claim being at fault/and or possibly raise the rates due to insuring a "damaged" vehicle. Or they might simply choose not to insure you. It depends. You have the option on repairing the bike before you drop your current carrier then reinsuring with no lapse in coverage. Pending your current carrier let's you ride with that claim still pending. But overall...you do not have to use your current insurance. Its been about 3 yrs since I worked in auto claims...but I do still have friends in the business. If you still have Q's pm me and ill try to get you better answers. Hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.