Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I went down yesterday on an on cloverleaf onto a highway. Basically, I was leaned over fairly good and I think I hit some sand on the inside and the back end kicked WAY out. So I brought the bike upright and saved it from high siding. By the time I got it under control, I was heading straight for a grass ditch, and there was no way I could have made the corner so I tried to ride it out...when I hit the ditch I went down.

When I went to the hospital, the HP officer stayed at the scene and took measurements...he said that I had a 370 foot solid skid mark into the grass - so I'm positive he got the wrong skid mark. Anyway he gave me a C&I citation because I was riding faster than the posted suggested speed limit causing an accident.

Now here's the problem - I'm on probation for a previous C&I and the only condition of my probation is that I don't have any repeat C&I convictions for a year (I am 8 months into my probation). Has anyone been in this situation or known someone that has, and what was the outcome.

Obviously I am going to get an attorney, but I am just trying to get a sense for how bad I am going to get a$$ rammed on this. Also, would it even be worth it to try to fight the ticket since he got the wrong skid mark? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
is it me or is 370 ft a lil long. I know once the back tire locks up it will just skid forever bc it wont hardly slow you down but 370 woulda been plenty of time for you to stop unless you were trucking.
I also had to stay clean for a year but I didnt have any mishaps. I would go to the scene with your own camera and try to take pics of what happened to prove the sand idea then take pics of this so called 370 ft skid mark with measurements bc the bike will only leave like 1 inch of contact. Take a pic of your tire bc 370 ft skid should leave some kinda mark or flat spot. THats not there then it wasnt you. Get a good lawyer and try to work things out. good luck with all of it

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ryan42657 said:
he gave me a C&I citation because I was riding faster than the posted suggested speed limit causing an accident.

would it even be worth it to try to fight the ticket since he got the wrong skid mark?

since the suggested speed limit (the yellow signs?) are generally low, you probably were exceeding that speed. you'll prolly have a hard time proving it was the wrong skid mark, but go get some pictures now if you think you might want to try.

get a respectable lawyer who does traffic work (not TLC, etc), but don't expect to get off w/o penalty.

around here, different municipalites don't really communicate w/ each other, so you can be on multiple probations in st louis in many diff areas. m/b the same for you?

H

·
0 Posts
i would get some photos of your skid and the skid the officer used for the citation.. and of course a lawyer..

good luck..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts