Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was hoping I could get some advice. I'm probably going to have to move in the next few months and I'm not sure how to get all my stuff plus the bike to my new residence. The problem is that I have more stuff than can fit into just my car (I got more stuff once I moved to where I am now) and I picked up my bike and brought it here on a separate trip, so now I have a small-ish car (2000 4dr accord), a motorcycle, and more stuff than can fit into the car alone, and I need to move it all at once.

I have a hitch on the car, but if I rent a motorcycle trailer, I wont have room for all my other household stuff, and if I get a box trailer, I don't think it'll have tie downs inside for the bike.

So, any advice other than just biting the bullet and paying to have the bike shipped?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Small Uhaul trailer + car carrier. The uhauls have 2 x 2s on each side of the truck that you can use to tie down your bike then just put it on stands and back stuff around it like mattress and couch. I know the pain though, had to rent a big truck + carrier + pay my buddy to drive down and haul my bike back. The gas bill was horrible

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Uhaul has a 10' truck and motorcycle trailer for $20 each + $0.99 per mile. This is your cheapest option assuming you can make a round trip to pick up your car.

If you're traveling more than a couple hours, then just get a bigger uhaul truck and load the bike inside wit your junk and tow your car. Drop off the uhaul gear in the new city.

·
Registered
925 Posts
http://www.upack.com/

you cant go wrong with these folks. ive used em twice for cross country moving. WAY better than renting a u-haul and risking it breaking down or gas on it. the gas alone is more than what these folks charge. i just loaded my crap in their pod and picked it up on the other end. my car was near empty except for my dog and me and some clothes

as for the bike...ive never had to move it but my buddy moved from WA-->AZ and he just towed it on a trailer behind his car. didnt have any issues that way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is it really necessary to do it all at once? If it's that far then I'd go with one of the suggestions in here of renting UHaul or better yet shipping the bike alone..Most people I know who moved over 1000 miles away UHauled their things then drove their car down..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts