Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So: Working on restoring a 03 theft recovery to functional status. So far I've replaced the rectifier in response to the hot day kill problem. No problem with getting it starting after warming up past the 200F mark but the bike bogs after 7.5k. So, following advice from other posts I've looked at a defective fuel pump/tank with debris in it as the possible culprit. The question lies in deciding to pull the pump and replace it or go with swapping out the fuel pump and tank.

advice after looking at the in-tank shots?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'd replace that for sure...keep an eye out for someone parting out... you should be able to pick on up for dirt cheap. As far as coating the tank, i hear it works great but i dont' think i'd do it on my bike....

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
thanks. know anywhere to get a fuel tank and pump on the cheap?

Keep an eye on the classified section of this here board. Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
anyone happen to have the part numbers for what I'll need to swap the tank and fuel pump out? I assume that if someone has a 'fuel tank' listed under a part out add it would contain all the correct parts needed for a swap? Also, which years are compatible with my 03?
This is the image I found on a site selling OEM parts:

Anyone care to tag the numbers I will be needing to order off this site:
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cheapcycleparts/Honda_OEM/HondaMC.asp?Type=13&A=352&B=39

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Appears that the #2 part would be the fuel tank with the #1 part is the fuel pump?
Besides these two items anything else I would need to get?

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts