Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 cbr600rr and a few days ago this noise started, a friend of mine told me that I need to change the timing chain kit, is that necesari? or just the tensioner??

this its the noise:

in the video you can se the miles on the bike

thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
When's the last time you had your valves checked/done?

Reactions: Tuner RR

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
yea the chain is slapping on decel thats how you know its the tensioner has gone bad....Timing chain's rarely need to be replaced its not like a timing belt on a car where it starts to wear... as long as it properly tensioned nothing should be wrong with you chain.. i would throw a tensioner in it and with the mileage it wouldnt hurt to also have your valves checked

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When's the last time you had your valves checked/done?
never :S
when i buy it y just did basic service

yea the chain is slapping on decel thats how you know its the tensioner has gone bad....Timing chain's rarely need to be replaced its not like a timing belt on a car where it starts to wear... as long as it properly tensioned nothing should be wrong with you chain.. i would throw a tensioner in it and with the mileage it would hurt to also have your valves checked
ok, so its just the tensioner.

what do I have to check about the valves?? I need to raplace them?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
never :S
when i buy it y just did basic service

ok, so its just the tensioner.

what do I have to check about the valves?? I need to raplace them?
the valve clearance... ever hear a honda car making a tap tap tap noise at idle thats cause the valves are outta spec... same with bikes... r valves need to be set to a certain clearance... their some decent write up about how to but if your not mechanically inclined i would let your local shop take care of that

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
yea the chain is slapping on decel thats how you know its the tensioner has gone bad....Timing chain's rarely need to be replaced its not like a timing belt on a car where it starts to wear... as long as it properly tensioned nothing should be wrong with you chain.. i would throw a tensioner in it and with the mileage it would hurt to also have your valves checked
Qouted for providing great information :banger:

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
we need more details

·
Registered
28 Posts
-What gas are you using? Needs to be high octane.
-Spark plug/s / gap set right?
-Sounds to be turning over fine, just not getting fire.
-Is fuel pump priming when you turn the key on with the kill switch off (ready to start bike)

·
Registered
28 Posts
did you solve the problem becuase i kind have the same problem, i did change the cam chain tensioner and now it wont start just like that video i also had to recharge the battery because it drain

1 - 14 of 14 Posts