Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I ride a STOCK 2003 Ninja 250. (first bike)...I have gotten pretty good on it, and I think I am ready to upgrade to the 600rr which is my dream bike. I am graduating from high school in a few months and don't know what to get. My parents gave me the choice of either a 2004 candy blue 600rr, or new 20" Iforged Evolution rims for the 2003 Blue G35 coupe 6 speed. I am torn on what to get. When all said and done they will be somewhere in the same price range as a new RR. What would you all do? I want the bike so bad, but the rims would look sweet on the car. Any opinions would be great. Thanks.

Kyle

·
Registered
222 Posts
Damn rich kids :cursin: But I would sudgest to get the bike. I don't know anyone that looks cool on a 250.......No one. Besides you have a car allready-- a nice one. Now you can have the best of both worlds. Besides you can get more girls with a hot looking bike that a set of wheels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
are you absolutely nuts?

the g35 coupe is already a great car. So you have an awesome car to cruise in so why would you not add another sick vehicle to the fleet and get a 600RR instead of putting 20" wheels on the 35?

or use the money and change your capri blue 35 to another color ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
those 20's are going to destroy the handling of an almost perfect car so get the damn bike!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
you suck.....awwwww what do I do...??? get a brand new $8000 motorcycle or a new set of 20's for my $30,000 dollar car...while I'm still in high school :bitchslap:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not what you think. My parents do help me with the car payments..they give me $250 per month and I pay the rest(which is QUITE A BIT MORE) each month.
I also bought the Ninja myself. I have a great job. Anyway, seems like the bike might be the best way to go. Anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks again.

Kyle

·
Registered
763 Posts
Are you kidding???

You would actually take some wheels for a car over an RR?? :thumbdown:

And keep your Barbiceptor???

The choice is obvious, unless you are a girl.
If ya get some wheels, get some chaps to and seal the deal.
Sorry to be a jerk :bitchslap: , I am kidding, but ya gotta be rich in the first place to think like that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahaha..ok..good call..now that I read your replys and look at the big picture the RR would be the common sense way to go. haha. Thanks a lot everyone.

Kyle

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
whoa. yeah yeah - the whole rich kid thing but honestly, you get BIG ups from me for starting on a Ninja 250. Excellent starter bike and now you're (hopefully) ready to move up. Respect there.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Not to be an ass but I wouldn't let my kid have a streetbike while he/she was of HS age. I just think a person must learn respect for the road in a car for more than a few years before they get into streetbikes. I know everyone's maturity level differs but still..

Just my 2cts from an old guy(33). :mrgreen:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, i was dying to get the RR as my 1st bike, but thought it'd be better to get something smaller so I can get real good on that, and then when I do get the RR, I hopefully won't ruin it(dropping or something stupid), and then not be a stupid squid starting out on a bigger bike and not knowing a thing about how to ride it like it should be riden. I have a LOT of experience racing ATV's, but that doesn't help much with a sportbike.

Kyle

·
Registered
937 Posts
Get the Bike. Hands down, don't make the same mistake I made:

I had to make a similar decision a some time ago...

Like an a*hole, i went for the '03 Hummer with 28" spinners that had the rear seat removed and replaced with a 72" plazma TV. Instead of the RR!! :bitchslap:

How Foolish of me. The RR is every boys desideratum. You will chasten yourself and impugn your parents to endless querulous chatter about making the wrong decision. Get the bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understand your point of respecting the road. We are shortly moving to a 30 acre farm, and the roads around there are very country, not many cars, and just farms on both sides of the road. It's not like riding in NYC or something, so I think it should be alright..hehe

·
Registered
76 Posts
What i would have given to be a rich kid!! I would leave the rims you have.
all 20's will do is slow you down and attract unwanted attention. (like from other
high school kids who look for a reason to key up a rich kids car) besides you ain't s#*t unless you on at least 23's BLING BLING. get the RR and be happy.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Don't let your area fool you into thinking that you're much safer because of the open space and less population. I live on a few acre farm up here in PA and you'd be surprised at the obstacles and crappy drivers out here. The open spaces make you think you can open it up more on the backroads but the danger level increases because of this.

Just be very careful. The RR will make that 250 seem like a riding mower by comparison.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
+2

i don't know how it is up there, but down here, I'm always haveing to watch out for road kill, mud, gravel, and people who think they're the only ones on the road. enjoy the RR, but definatly be careful...

plus, to do it right, along with the 20" rims and wheels you'd have to get new brakes, rotors, and possible a more stout tranny... when it's all said and done, the RR would be give you the most for the $cha-ching$...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts